Work- personal life balance

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Stephanie Chew, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Stephanie Chew

Stephanie Chew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do you guys maintain your Work - personal life balance

Recommendations please!!

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Work less and play more.

We have done our budgeting and worked out how much I need to earn to pay the bills. Once I've earned that amount I stop work.

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is very simple thing, if you give your 100% in your work then you can easily fulfill your expectations which you expect from your work. And this is a proverb If your professional life is good the your personal life will automatically good.

4. stargrit

stargrit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Set your priorities,Track your time,Concentrate on one thing at a time,Schedule one thing you look forward to each day,Respect your private time. ,Take a look at your personal habits and general lifestyle.

5. Fugueman

Fugueman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

work and do things that you like, if you can work on something that makes you feel good. You will not feel stuck If you can not work at home in things that fill you, create things that make you feel good. Look for activities where you feel full.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Victimo56

Victimo56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best thing is to have a balanced life, but for you to have a good feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My problem is that I spend all my time leaving do follow back links and establishing relationships with locals on face book with no results.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

So stop doing it.

9. Dolphinz

Dolphinz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Balance is desirable but in most cases it's impossible. Though I admit that if you want to get better every day in what you're doing, then you're on the right way. Personally, I made one of my favorite hobbies my main job. I've been reading a lot and helped my friends with hairstyles. That's how I opened my salon. If there's something you like and you're experienced in it then you going to be successful.

#9 Dolphinz, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  10. JamieFraser

JamieFraser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to sit down and make a plan. First, define what is important, also the amount of work you have to do to earn an amount of money that you wish. Then spare time for reading, doing sports (it can be as simple as running), socializing with friends, doing a bit of gardening, going traveling at times or learning something that you want to. Above are just something I recommend, yet it's best if you choose all of them too, I think they are for a healthy lifestyle. Just one last thing, being near nature is a wonderful thing, don't miss out on the chance to be with it for being a couch potato. :D

11. MerleneNMS

MerleneNMS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! Thank you for creating this thread because I know there’s a lot of people who can relate to this, especially from the working class.

It can’t be denied that most of us are having a hard time separating work from personal life, especially when you’re the type of person who is really passionate about your career. If your chosen career is also related to your personal hobbies, then good for you. But if you are one of those people who are yet to find the right and suitable job for them, here are my personal opinions:

For me, this is where scheduling comes in. Remember that you are only paid for an 8 hour service (for instance), therefore, any effort/energy released beyond that is unnecessary. It is normal to think about work during your rest days, but MAKE SURE that you still manage to give time to other stuff. I also suggest that you set a specific time everyday, maybe after dinner, where you have to release stress and forget about work. During this period, you are free to do your personal hobbies and obligations.

Another tip is that you look for a company that prioritizes its employees’ welfare. There are firms out there that also give importance to their workers’ personal lives. With such condition, you will not have to worry on how you will balance your personal with your work life anymore because your company has already provided it for you.

Always remember that we work to live and not the otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SnowMoon

SnowMoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also have some issues on how to balance. I'm still learning but I think that the best thing which works for me is turn off the phone and do not check emails (at least a few days per week).

13. Ritesh Patil

Ritesh Patil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Delegate your work to other team members and ask them to speed up the process. You will have to follow a disciplined lifestyle for maintaining the balance. All the best!

14. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

How does this work if you are a sole trader?

15. RKipling

RKipling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If yuou want a work life balance, dont start a business. Get yourself a job. No matter how successful you get in your small business you're never able to switch off. I'm sitting on my laptop 6pm on a sunday working on my website right now.

Business is a lifesyle for me, not something I can compartmentalise into my life.

16. Lewis Scott

Lewis Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adopt a work style that allows you to have some time for yourself too. Do what you love in that, be it playing music, going out with friends, playing games, or watching Netflix. And when it's work time, do it with full dedication. Also don't take every task for yourself as this will demotivate you subconsciously for the next time. Let some of your work be handled by other staff or team members so you don't overdo things and get off-track.

17. twinkle_

twinkle_
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always leave your work behind when you leave the office. Don't bring it home with you. Focus on yourself and your family when you're outside the workplace. The work you left behind will still be there when you come back. Spend your downtime doing what you love so there's something to look forward to when it's time to go home.:)

18. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What if you don't have an office?

Much of my work is with overseas clients. This may mean skype conversations in the evening for me and early in the morning for them. Being flexible means I get to do the things I want when I want and not restricted by fixed office hours.

19. twinkle_

twinkle_
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh! I don't have an office, too! ;) I actually set a rough work schedule for myself.

I work at home and I have a schedule that as much as possible, I follow. If there’s something that I need to do, I let my teammates know that I have to push my hours for the day. The flexibility is one of the biggest selling points of work-at-home jobs, but having a schedule to roughly follow helps in planning your day and in giving you time for yourself.

20. Harvard MM

Harvard MM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very tricky one there Stephanie! Personally I really try hard to respect my rest times.