Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by altcom, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take a look here (techradar.com/reviews/p [...] 002/review)

There are some nice new features in W8 that a lot of people would find useful. The UI and touch screen features are turning a lot of people off of the OS, right or wrong that's up to them, personal preference and all that.

2. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Because it is a lightweight OS, for use not only in touch screen tablets, but in mobile phones as well, it also carries ( like all windows products) a lot of stuff you will never need, or is easily accessible from the net should you need it... like printer drivers.

I beg to differ about it taking Microsoft a decade to develop it, touch screens were virtually unheard of ten years ago, the only reason Microsoft has developed this is because itslosing ground to Apple and Samsung in the iOS market.

If you are thinking of buying a standard laptop or PC, get it with Windows 7, not windows 8, you will be better off in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the people prefer Windows 7 versions. Before this, people would stick to Windows XP versions until Windows 7 released. Windows XP was popular at that time because the older versions like Windows 98 / 2000 were very slow and not user's comfort; the graphics were very poor. Windows Xp is easy to use but in my personal opinion it has lots of crash and virus issues. Windows 7 is more better and convenient to use and less issues. Windows 8 is the latest release and needs some reviews.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows 8 is much better than windows 7 after I try it on my new asus laptop

5. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is not any good response from window 8. Most of the software are not supported by window 8. This is the major drawback of window 8. I have been using window 7 from the beginning and its performance is awesome.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What did you like about it sigma? Is the laptop you are using it on touch screen?

7. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am running Windows 8, I feel that it's better.. It is really unusual for the first little bit but after you get use to it's features you seemed to get hooked.

8. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Window 8 is faster than Window 7. It takes a little time to get understand the specifications, but when understand then easy to use and you just love to use Windows 8.

9. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Former BAF Tech Admn
    Premium Member

I currently use Windows 7, and like it a lot. This past December I tried a Win8 laptop briefly, and this is what I wrote to my brother about it:

"I actually played with a Win8 machine yesterday at the computer store, and its usability is
    nowhere near as bad as everyone seems to be saying. In fact, it took me less than 2 minutes
    to figure out how the new desktop works. That includes getting in and out of the classic
    desktop, getting into My Computer, and how the new desktop works. Seriously, it is not hard
    to work with. I didn't have time to get into working with apps and all that, but I have a feeling
    it's easier than I hear about.

But it's still too early to think about getting it. I've always waited at least until SP1 of any
    MS OS is released. But if my current laptop died tomorrow, and I had to get a Win8 box, I'm
    sure I'd be ok."​

10. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know some people that have trouble with some games as they are not compatible with Windows 8 yet. Even they had trouble with Skype a few days ago as they couldn't talk on it without installing Skype Desktop as to talk without it you have to have the application opened and not minimized. :(

11. infobanc

infobanc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows 8 is great in comparison with look & feel than of windows 7.But in mu opinion it will take little bit of more time to understand.

12. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer windows 8 , as it has good operating system and faster speed than windows 7

13. Deem Host

Deem Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i prefer windows 8,because it has everything new and all new features games social websites and entertainment.

14. eddielkk

eddielkk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, Windows is built for PC, from its old history until now as you noticed. Of course latest version of Windows 8 can be run on PC. :) Windows 8 is more compatible with not only on Desktop PC, and now aims for tablet PC ,Mobile platform and even XBOX 360. You will find easy connectivity with all those Microsoft product. I believe it will be get famous again on later time.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged!]

16. pankajspyindia

pankajspyindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows 7 is best as compare to windows 8

All members are crazy with the latest windows 8 but if you have used its then you can easily notice that the windows 8 are basically made for touch screen which have same function like windows 7. Also if your screen is not touch screen capability then its worth to use windows 8.Well i prefer windows 7 because it has all the necessary feature which i like?

why not u can easily run windows 8 on pc but if your screen is not touch screen then you cannot enjoys it all features? Also it is made for touch screen pc and laptops.

17. Rachel S

Rachel S
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For your security Windows is the best always. If you have lots of info or have any online business you must use Windows 8 for your better security. This is my opinion, but it may wrong. But I still sure about its security which is 100 times better than any windows version.

Rachel !!!

18. 27001consultant

27001consultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well the reviews show that Windows 8 is more efficient than Windows 7 when it come’s to memory and CPU usage overall the performance. But as Windows 8 is a newly designed OS with a new environment and interference, you just need to get used to it.

19. ramtin

ramtin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

win 7 is comfortable for me

20. Xyphien

Xyphien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have windows 8, and I'm not a fan of it honestly. At first it was awesome, but now I acadently hit the windows key, or use the Taskbar mod I have, and sometimes it opens up a random app, that will then minimize the desktop, and go into the app mode, and it's just overall annoying. I need to remember with Microsoft, it's amazing product, poor product, amazing product, poor product, ect. Windows XP, then Vista, Back to windows 7, now 8 to complete the cycle.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.