Why To Invest In Stocks?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by magician661, Nov 6, 2009.

1. jamerrk

jamerrk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi!

Investing stocks is earning money a lot of money!!!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum jamerrk, thanks for joining and posting.

On what basis do you say that?

3. jamerrk

jamerrk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello

Yes as we all now if the stocks run well then the money you invest will multiply quickly... Hoping that it runs well..

4. kerbyremz

kerbyremz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you must be a risk taker if you want to succeed in business especially in stocks exchange.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Off course investors will make money "if the stocks run well", but stocks very often fall in price and lots of investors lose money on them.

6. neha.lemon

neha.lemon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah..It's really unpredictable about stocks but if you are going to invest in stock, start with little amounts.You should stick with that investment for some time and evaluate pros and cons before investing very large amounts.

7. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Investing in stocks is not a "become rich overnight" thing, unless you are quite lucky which a few people are.

1. Learn about the company or sector that you wish to invest in.

2. Put in an amount of money from your disposable cash which you would feel comfortable in losing.

3. Be prepared to lose.

4. If you want short-term gains you can sell the stocks when their share prices go up and make some money on that.

Investment is a science and a skill.

Learn about the sector(s) you wish to invest in and keep up with the latest news.

Be sensible with this, as you could lose money as well as make good money too.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Both of those points are very important, you should never invest anything in stocks that you can't afford to lose.

I haven't read it myself but have heard that the "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham is a must read for anyone getting into stock investment and trading. Warren Buffet is a big fan of Graham's, and he appears to have done pretty well for himself.

9. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thinks its for your long term plan,But i think its not secure so I suggest not to invest in stock market,Because they are predictable.

10. Felix07Richerd

Felix07Richerd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stock is also another very good option to invest but i suggest for real estate.

11. gizmo3653

gizmo3653
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Invest in the stock market to stay ahead of inflation and use the best way verified by historical statistics, to increase your finances over time.

12. Cloudiply

Cloudiply
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some basis of insurance...and wishful thinking ha.

13. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well just like everyone else, I want to try and make money :) that is basically why people will buy stock, hoping that they can gain a profit. I actually used to own some stock. I decided it was time to sale my shares and it turned out, two days after I withdrew, the stock plummeted. I guess I just happened to be lucky. :eek:

14. Miruthula

Miruthula
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Because of their returns on your money invested. Historically Stocks have returned about 9-11% over the long haul
    Bonds about 4-6%
    cash about 2-4%
    Certainly stocks have a higher risk of failing than the other two but when you win you make more IF you keep your money in for the LONG RUN.
    The smart investers have money in all 3 CLASSES in order to DIVERSIFY THIER RISKS.
    If you are younger 50 or less you should have more Stocks than Bonds and cash if you can be comfortable with that.
    Over 55 most smart investors maybe are looking at a 50/50 split between stocks and bonds.

15. stevenricherd

stevenricherd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that it is all about your strategy to invest in the right brand, but some times all calculation done by us give just loss, because now a days stock market is fluctuating so much that even experienced persons cant imagine where to invest, Insurance cover can give a least damage, but not every time.

16. strawni

strawni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The conventional reason for investing in the stock market--perhaps offered with a bit less confidence now that we're in the midst of a stock market crash--is, "It offers higher returns." But that gets us ahead of ourselves. We can learn a lot by taking a couple of steps back and looking first at our financial goals.

Thanks

17. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just started investing in stocks and here my motto is to get proper knowledge about stock market and I do believe that if R&D and analysis done properly, we can earn good money from Stock market but first I am learning that Risk Factor attached with stock market and Stock Investment

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with it hetalhet, are you focusing your investment in any particular niches or industry sectors?

19. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal for your good wishes..
    Still I am learning all this so mostly I am trying to built diversified portfolio only as I am not sure yet that which industry is doing good, But I have made some local friends who are financial consultants so they are helping me to take any decisions.

Also I am following some blogs related to stock market n all.. Lets see how much I can make it..

20. Business Forms

Business Forms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Invest in the stock market to stay in advance of increase and use the best way verified by historical information, to increase your finances over time. Do researches will show lower inflation brings advanced returns to stocks and bonds. For about the past thirty years the typical return on stocks has been 8%. balance this to a passbook account at 3%, even with just 2% inflation, after paying 1% in taxes you will have (0) zero return..

Thanks for...