Why Promotional Items Essential for Startup-Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Jane Douglas, May 8, 2019.

1. Jane Douglas

Jane Douglas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are a newcomer or starting your business from the ground, then brand building is most important task for you. Corporate gifts are a cost-effective and affordable way to achieve this goal. Getting a gifts always make a person feel special either that person is your client, employees or your business partner. Gift make your relation healthy and strong, and create a positive image of your brand in the market.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What a load of twaddle.

Brand building is not essential nor are promotional items.

3. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never seen the promotional items working out for startups. Startups thrive on bootstrapping not gifting and give away stuff.

4. Jane Douglas

Jane Douglas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think offering promotional gift items is best option for promoting brand. If a startup businessman offer a simple logo printed pens free to their customer, somewhere he/she will free happy. And when they use this pen in daily life task, it remind the name of company. So, it think promotion corporate gift effectively works and can be used for promotional purpose.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

If my start up erecting fences giving clients a pen isn't going to achieve anything.
    If my startup is setting software and applications and all done online there isn't a way to gift a promotional item.

Startups don't need to promote their brand. What they need is a good business plan not free pens.

This doesn't mean all promotions items are bad - I'm just saying they are not essential for startups.

6. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If anybody who is thinking about to open their business they should start learning first because 90% startup fail in 1st year due to lack of learning. Communication skills, market analysis, previous analytic analysis etc.. are the important things which is more important before start any business.

For marketing and promotions, 360 degree marketing is the best option to target your audience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think people who bootstrap their startup can afford promoting gifts? Such startups can hardly pay salary to workers. I think you didn't do much of analysis in this but gifting and freebies culture is more of suitable for "multi national brands", not some startups and bootstrapped business.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phill1235

Phill1235
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think at this point of view you are right. For software business it's difficult to find the way to gift a promotional items. But for some business it's effective a little more. People really love something extra for their buying. So, when Apple leaves an offer like "an extra charger free for buying any" -isn't a promotional gift ? Even if you offer a discount to your application users, isn't a promotional gift to your users? Now what I want to mean, a pen as promotional gift at start up doesn't ensure the goal achievement but can be able to draw an extra attention of the clients. Again, in-spite of being able to create a good relation to the clients, the start up may go to the end of the smoke anytime and it's totally depends on your service or brand quality.

9. Brian_Ott

Brian_Ott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I disagree. The Apple example is is a sales promotion that is predicated on actually making a sale. A pen or stress ball, hat, whatever is just swag that people love to get however I have rarely seen it convert to actual sales. I tried it a few time with a brick and mortar business and what I got was people taking the free promotional items and not buying anything. It was expensive and didn't convert well.

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I've got a pot of freebie pens on my desk. I've never brought anything from any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, the promotional gifts always leave a good impression towards the customers, employees, clients, etc and make feel them special among the people. It is one of the best idea to grab the people's attention towards your brand logo by giving out some custom promotional items to them so that whenever a person will use your branded products then it will remind your brand name. There are so many cost-effective promotional items such as pens, keychains, car air fresheners, dairies, lanyards, etc that can easily use as promotional products for increasing the branding and when a person start a business then it can be the best idea for them to spread their business in all marketing areas.

12. MetroGuy

MetroGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We usually give promotional gifts to our influencers who we request to post on our behalf. Without which a lot of our audiences, we would never have been able to come across

13. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No it doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you did not use the promotional products yet that it a reason you are saying it wrong. You always use the low cost of things and waste your time.

15. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

If I work for you and you give me a free pen it’s not going make me feel good about the company.

Giving a customer a free keychain isn’t going to make them excited about the brand.

Times have moved on and the online world we live in doesn’t work like this anymore.

16. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No you are wrong, now I am sure that you never use promotional gifts in your life so I think you should use then see the result.

17. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I have used promotional gifts. And over the two years I can’t contribute a single sale to the use of those gifts.

Let me ask you a question: how many things have you brought because someone gave you a free pen?

18. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did not get any promotional gift yet but when someone will give promotional products as a gift then I would love to again on that shop to purchase out the products. Nowadays, everyone loves to get gifts so marketers can easily impress the audience. The promotional method is the best idea and nowadays every marketer is using this method.

19. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You are so very wrong. The online world doesn't need or use promotional gifts. They use email marketing, coupons and offers. Not pens and keyrings.

20. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please read my answer in a proper manner I have written about shop not website. If a person is opening a shop or can say small business in the market areas then promotional products will definitely work. This is an offline marketing method to use promotional products and it works offline. I think you do not know-nothings and giving the suggestion as like you know everything.

• Dislike Dislike x 1