Why is Facebook popular?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Jerlene, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Ulmer

Ulmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is famous for easy and best way of direct communication.
    I personally like it and use it. This is best and fast way and i prefer it.

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True. Nowadays, the means of communications especially between family and friends is facebook. Before it was Yahoo Messenger.

3. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the point where Facebook scored above the other similar social networking websites were the various gaming applications, which got every body hooked.

4. jgreen2012

jgreen2012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe Facebook's success lies in its business plan and management. Facebook's business plan has allowed it to grow and expand with the wants and needs of the online community. Facebook stayed ahead of the curve, unlike MySpace, which seemed unchanging.

5. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes absolutely change is the name of the game for any business in order to have that crucial edge above your competitors. Facebook did this very well and are now expanding their wings to take a large pie out of google's search engine market.

6. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook has many applications which are really useful to direct contact to others and increase relationship to others. Facebook helps to increase sales or leads conversion.

7. sonewilliams

sonewilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

facebook is more user friendly social networking site because we can chat with our friends and sharing important videos and photos. and it is a most popular way to increase our business.it is the only website which became most popular with sort time spam.

8. finejewellerys

finejewellerys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think facebook is ahead of the other social networking sites with special social trend.I think we will find everything that we want there.blogging,games, and chat with friends etc.It is the most powerful social site.

9. friendlyshower

friendlyshower
    uix_expand uix_collapse

facebook is socail media site and people like facebook because people share link pics video status easily to other that's it.

#69 friendlyshower, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I guess Facebook's success has to do with user's great experience while using it. The games, the real time updates, chatting and all made Facebook one of the biggest social networking sites today. People likes a website that has all the package all wrapped up in one.

11. stdonexus

stdonexus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I remember a lot of annoying glittery graphics on myspace; I think they allowed too much customization of each personal page, which led to some obnoxious things. I dumped myspace shortly after finding facebook.

12. VPS6.NET

VPS6.NET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is mainly because people enjoy sharing photos of themselves doing things on the "Wall" feature, which provides a truer sense of "social networking," whereas MySpace was based more on a separate-pages-for-individuals design.

13. chipdthompson

chipdthompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is in constant change and this keeps it user friendly and interesting. Myspace had way too many in-your-face ads, and everyone had funky backgrounds that made their personal page feel cheap like web 0.5

14. Gamrpro

Gamrpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think because it keeps friends connected online and offline. Facebook has changed the world a LOT!

15. nekrosis

nekrosis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Because Mark is a genius.

16. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

FB sets the trend! You're either a trendsetter or a follower. FB is very user friendly, simple, tons of features.... the company / owner has a great vision, great brand name, amazing marketing strategies, a proven business plan and great sales performance. When it comes to social media, FB for almost everybody means excellence.

17. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's name is very simple. Very easy to recognize and say. My nephew, 12 year old, has said to me in one day " Is that "FACE" ? " " Is that "FACE" ? " when he saw me sit front of PC.

18. Eugene24

Eugene24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

first of all it is network where you can find information about your friends and other people whom you will see from other side, not as on work.

19. anderson

anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is the most popular website in today’s Web2.0. It completely changed the way people use applications for social networking websites.

20. sabrinasabino

sabrinasabino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is popular because the applications there was enough to gather everyone together. Now everyone is on Facebook so it makes it difficult for people who are already members to leave. I want to delete my FB account but it's a difficult decision because my relatives abroad have found me there and I don't have their contact information. So I can only talk to them via FB.