Why Do People Blog?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ZakShow, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, but that happens sometimes and do you know that Google is also doing so.:eek::eek:

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very true, selling paid reviews is not something that Google looks on kindly. However, some top bloggers charge up to $500 for a paid review. Nice money if you can get it.

3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If any one of you have seen that Google do blog commenting for back links, I have seen that on my every blog there some comments that blog is good and the link goes to google.com that is what google does for increasing PR :D

4. great

great
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi

The people do blogs for earning the money they write the comment on the others blogs and attract the traffic.once the traffic increase they can sell the banner and the signature form thier blogs.

5. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i agree....also improve the credibility

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've previously suggested here on BAF that starting a blog can be a good strategy for breaking into an industry, that you want to do business in. If you are keen to get involved in a particular industry, but don't have the resources or expertise to start a traditional business within that industry, you should consider starting an industry related blog.

Writing a blog is an excellent way to start learning about the industry, establish credibility within the industry and to start expanding your profile and network of contacts within the industry. Once your blog becomes established you can generate revenue from it and even use it as a spring board for another business within your chosen field.

7. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with what you said Fergal, starting a blog is something that every webmaster and Internet entrepreneur should do.. Blogs are the best way to establish credibilty as you said and to build the basics of your business and to allow it to expand...

8. kylelmoon

kylelmoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Intreresting topic indeed...
    Peopl create blogs because they want people to notice them as someone who has authority about the topic they are blogging about. You wouldn't want to blog avout something you're not familiar with.
    It would be a disaster!

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Kylelmoon.

Is http://jasonvanorden.com your blog? It looks great, I've subscribed via Google Reader.

10. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep, you are right too.. I tried to blog about some subjects that are considered as high paying niches that I don't know anything about, but unfortunately it was a faillure..

A tip from me, never blog or try to blog about something that you don't know much about it.. People will notice that and you'll fail!

Is that your blog in your sig.. Nice blog BTW..

11. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

lol ZakShow.

This doesn't only apply only to blogs. This applies in every fields of life. Don't poke in something that you don't know or Don't ask the place where you aren't going. Anyways, if you just pretend to know something which you actually don't know then you will get failure for sure. Main thing is research or learn about the thing or try to get help from someone who knows about it. So, you can comment at it.

12. kylelmoon

kylelmoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal!
    Its my friend's blog. He will really appreciate it! :D

13. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yepp, I agree with what u said too.. but sometimes it works :D

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The problem with blogging on a subject that doesn't interest you, is that it is difficult to stay motivated if times get tough or if success doesn't come as quickly as you hoped. It's much easier to motivate yourself to stick with something, if you enjoy what your doing.

Anyway, life's much too short to spend your time working on stuff you don't enjoy. There are times when we have to work on stuff we don't enjoy, but writing your blog shouldn't be one of them.

15. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's right Fergal.. What u said is straight to the point.. People should blog about something that they enjoy in order to find the motivation and the power to continue working to succeed!