Which links (follow or no follow) are better for getting SEO value?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by HMS Naveen, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Madaboutdm1719

Madaboutdm1719
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be frank enough it is not the Follow/No Follow which matters. But, the DA/PA of the reffering domain. Wikipedia, YourStory etc are No Follow Domains, but a single link from those sites will increase your site rankings.
    Nevertheless, to rank on Google keep a Mixture of Follow, No Follow, High DA and Low DA. That's how you wont be penalised in the eyes of Google

2. commercialforest

commercialforest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that Wikipedia links are no follow but I recently noticed that a Wikipedia revision/reference footnote I made a few months ago ended up as a do follow link on a site that clearly pulled its content from Wikipedia. I assume that's a good thing.

3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

A no-follow link will NOT increase your ranking. DA/PA is NOT a ranking signal. You are wrong.
    Not really. Google knows the original content was from Wikipedia so will ignore the plagiarized version.

4. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get rank your keywords on search engines the creation of Do-follow links is the best practices because do-follow link follow by Google and helps to get ranked your website.

Even though no-follow links do not provide ample SEO juice like their do-follow counterparts, they can be immensely valuable. Some common examples of no-follow links include those generated in SERPs from Google AdWords campaigns and those generated from posts and content on social media. In both cases, these links can provide vital traffic to your site.

5. robertdavid

robertdavid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do follow links are better for getting seo value.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

This makes no real sense. All links are followed by default. The option is to make them no-follow which means the search engines will not calculate a page rank score form that link.