Where to start with outsourcing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by briggw22, Dec 13, 2017.

1. briggw22

briggw22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I run a web-based small business centered around selling prints and novelties that users make themselves, similar to Artscow. I am just starting it up and plan on outsourcing my entire production to a third party. However, due to my inexperience in general, I am at a loss as to where to find a third party.

Should I contact print shops? Outsourcing agencies? Should I aim to outsource to foreign production centers? I'm at a complete loss as to who will provide these services, and how I would find them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ruksar sheikh

ruksar sheikh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi briggw22

1.You can start by making an interactive platform for enlisting all the products you can offer in the raw form.
    2. You can then search for local manufacturers in your area and outsource select works to select manufacturers.
    3. Once you have all the required manufacturers onboard, you will face the logistics problem which should be your primary concern. You will need to develop a geo tagging app to keep track of how your products are moving.
    4. The whole cost will completely depend on the logistics as you are outsourcing and final product needs to be received by you for ensuring direct contact with the customer.
    All the best and take care

3. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since it's your 1st time outsourcing, I strongly recommend that you outsource only a small component of your production at the beginning. Maybe outsource one product and try multiple vendors (local versus foreign) to see which arrangement best suits you. Also consider unexpected consequences when you outsource, like how you will send up shipping, marketing, inventory, etc. Start small and set up a system for grow. Once you have it in place, then you can outsource more products gradually or outsource the entire operation to your vendor of choice.

• Like Like x 2