When to go for Online Business?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by dahlia84, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ritajones56

ritajones56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That might work real well actually. That is your target customer base after all, so why not focus your efforts locally and within your own county at least.

2. prettysue

prettysue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for the question when is best time to go for online business, I think it solely depends on you and your passion of doing it. I have a friend who works as a web designer in a company before. She is a great designer but she took the opportunity of learning many things about designing while being employed. After 4 years, she decided to resign and started her own web designing company. That is how she prepared for her online business and she is really doing well now.

There is always a room for learning. If you have the passion to make it work, then you can start your business right away since online business doesn't take you a very large amount of money.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're quite right on that prettysue. If we have a passion for it, we will definitely be putting time and effort on it to make it work. That's also a very good real life example that you shared with us and your friend was very smart in learning all she can while working in her previous company. We could all learn from her example.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Look before your leap - it is very important to ensure that you are ready, before leaving your job and becoming self employed. Statistics show that 50 - 80% of new businesses fail within their first year. Saying that, if you keep waiting until you have everything 100% right and you are 100% confident and ready, you'll probably never take the leap into self-employment.

There is a huge benefit to running the business part time, whilst still in employment. This gives you the opportunity to attract some customers, build some reputation and to learn the business before you are fully dependent on it.

5. InspiredWriting

InspiredWriting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What everyone is saying is true, a lot of businesses fail at first, but it doesn't have to be yours that fails. I leaped because I wanted to work from home so much and I wouldn't take any other option.
    While I do a bit of affiliate stuff, just learning really, and a little paid SEO, I mainly write for a living. This is a business but is also just plain hard work, and so it is successful if you are prepared to work for it. If you can offer someone a needed service then you really cant fail, although I understand that this type of business is not for all. For me it is a perfect way to start working online. If you really want to work online there is no one stopping you but yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good point Inspired, where there is a will there is a way.

There are lots of people making their living online, so you can too, if you apply yourself.

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've did some writing before when I was still addicted to playing PS2 games. I did reviews for new and upcoming games in a newspaper but it was only for a few months.

InspiredWriting, it's good that you're also writing to earn a living. May I know if you're into ghostwriting or freelance writing? Can you share with us too which sites you normally get your freelance jobs from?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are lots of online writing jobs available on webmaster forums such as DigitalPoint.