Whats the best advice given by your parents?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by wussa, Dec 11, 2009.

1. mdmd

mdmd
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Select a friend carefully his actions affect you

2. saviourdlima

saviourdlima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My mom said :
    Dont worry about what other people think because it's you life and if you take what they say to heart that will stop you and you'll be letting them make decisions for you life
    My dad said:
    Enjoy being a kid because you will never get this chance again and you have the rest of you life to be an adult.

3. anselduminy

anselduminy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Dad, a coal miner, always advised me "Whatever job you getwhen you leave school - you're not going down the pit".

Wise words indeed, considering what eventually happened to the coal industry.

4. robineparera

robineparera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My parents always give me the advice about every thing and all the advices are really good. So it is very hard to pick the best one but I think when I passed graduation they told me to do the anything that I want but only in right way. Do not go for any short cut to earn more money in quick time, this is the best advice.

5. greighuge

greighuge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My parents said look up to God,your help will always come from him. get close to him, he'll make it worth your while. this has gone a long way in helping me. whenever things arent right i call on him and he always come to my aid. he has indeed made it worth my while.

6. shanebarack

shanebarack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best advise for me from my parents would be "No matter what the situation is. never ever break heart of and trust of anybody, As anything else can be fixed but heart and trust are two things that can never be fixed.

7. OneLife

OneLife
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My father is a sweet man, the hardest working man I have ever known and my hero - bar none. He doesn't say much but when he does it means something. When I was kid I was a champion cross country runner. I didn't like doing it, I was just good at it. Dad always told me to do my best at everything. When I came home one day and told him I had come second in the county championships he said

'Well done, you were first of the losers"

This may seem harsh, but what he was really saying was that I was capable of winning and I didn't do my best... he was right and he wasn't even there. Since then I have done my best at whatever I do, from cleaning the pool to negotiating a deal. He didn't mean you have to win everything, he meant you have to do your best, all the time. Whenever I am doing anything I think of that phrase...'am I going to be first of the losers?' It spurs me on.

8. myerscooper

myerscooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I still remember my parents once told me that "always be yourself. never try to hide who you are. the only shame is to have shame. always stand up for what you believe in. always question what other people tell you. never regret the past...it's a waste of time. there's a reason for everything; every mistake, every moment of weakness, every terrible thing that has happened to you. grow from it. the only way you can ever get the respect of others is when you show them that you respect yourself. and most importantly, do your thing and never apologize for being you..."

9. michelbastos11

michelbastos11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best advice my parents ever gave to me would be "There’s no thrill in easy sailing, when the sky is clear and blue. There’s no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some fulfillment that is mighty sweet to take, when you reach a destination you thought you couldn’t make."

10. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is what they say.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good advice 50Cent, I've heard it said that you are the average of the five people you spend most of your time with.

12. jhonstwewart

jhonstwewart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My parents are my ambition they give me a god advice .This is the great we talk about our parents. I never for gate this golden movement i have passed for HSC they give a scuty.My father is my inspiration and my ideal. His best advicer for me and I just love him.They always give me good advice and support .

13. justin tauress

justin tauress
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be determined and focused! Make things happen instead of waiting for them. You can gain control of yourself by making things happen in your life.

14. neilfriston

neilfriston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

‘Do something for your living’ is the best advice given by my parents. Though I don’t take it as an impacting one, this advice is really boring to hear.

15. georgelukie

georgelukie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best advice from my parentes came when i was only 10 years old and i lost a baseball match and i was very upsent about it my dad came to me and said "Listen Junior, it doesn't matter you win or you loose what matters is tha you should never stop fightin and you should never stop dreming, that is the most important part in our life"