What would you most like to Learn when starting your business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Tandy, Nov 7, 2014.

1. sonali22chauhan

sonali22chauhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have experienced most of these and indeed, once you try, don't stop and don't give up. One day all your work will be paid off and when you look back, you will be proud of yourself.

2. brickshazel

brickshazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should at least observe or conduct studies on your target business. For instance, the factors you should consider upon starting it.

3. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Tandy, as we tend to work for more than 12 hours a day (guessing), I would guage where am I in my life. I'd look at fellow start ups, case studies, meet them in person to know more on and then learn on the lifestyle picked up to manage the time.

4. navarromarillou

navarromarillou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, you need to have a Personal evaluation by Begin by taking stock of yourself and your situation. Why do you want to start a business? Is it money, freedom, creativity, or some other reason? What skills do you have? What industries do you know about? Would you want to provide a service or a product? What do you like to do? How much capital do you have to risk? Will it be a full-time or a part-time venture? Your answers to these types of questions will help you narrow your focus.

5. MichaelXH

MichaelXH
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I started a freelance B2B service operation (commercial copywriting, marketing) the first and most important lesson I learned was about meeting potential clients, building relationships, and networking. I know other businesses operate differently, but you still have to have a clear idea of how you're going to drive business. For a web-based business, that might involve careful SEO and social media engagement. For a person-to-person business service, it'll probably mean a lot of meeting people and building relationships. For straight B2C commerce, you probably have a totally different set of concerns -- that's the area I'm least qualified to comment on.

6. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for me I would like most to learn about ways to differentiate my products and services from my competitors'. Many people around the world can have a similar idea for their online business. So it's very important to come up with some new and unique ideas for the construction of your online business

7. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For online business, planning a very strong and firm model is a challenging step.Your business model be such that it never create a trouble in future.

8. valariemorgan

valariemorgan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People have money and are looking for ways to spend it. But launching in tough or uncertain economic times can be just as smart.

9. alannahmvw

alannahmvw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you think of starting a business there are a lot of thing to consider and it is very important to learn "Marketing".. from the basin info because it will help
    you on what you are going to do when setting up a business. Today there are many changes and new techniques in marketing that's why is it important for business starter to learn what is MARKETING :)

10. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly you need to know about your business like what is business, structure of business, location of business and financing your business, these are the basic need after then it will be possible to start and getting success.

11. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I think most small business owners need a comprehensive check list and perhaps a bit of training on taking a holistic approach to their business. Some folks are good at selling but weak at talking to the banks and securing capital, and visa versa. It would be great if there were affordable and easily accessible training programs for first-time business owners. The government in my country has already started such programs but they are not widely available yet.

12. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well starting a new business is not that easy, You should have enough experienced to do business in any business. Still, if have a enough knowledge there are other major components like investments, marketing research, business marketing etc.
    When you are owner of a business, probably you should have aware of financial losses like bad debts, bankruptcy. these can usually affect your business from profit to loss.

13. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When we put up our computer supplies retailing business, my husband studied the ins and outs of business, i.e. the incoming and outgoing of the merchandise. He started going to prospective suppliers to connect and to check on the prices of the goods. The next step was to understand the products that we are going to sell. That done, the market study follows next. What is business if you have the goods and no one to sell to?

14. mike_smith

mike_smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if i am going to start new business i have to learn about the market and first off all i have to find what kind of business is well suited for me with less competition. After that, before i am going to start business, i have to advertise my business with poster, pamphlet, through news paper e.t.c. After starting my business, advertisement still needed through online(internet marketing, digital marketing, smo), offline(poster, luxury business cards) ways.

#34 mike_smith, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015