What should you not do in digital marketing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by yashveer, Jan 18, 2021.

1. yashveer

yashveer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Assuming SEO is dead
      SEO is and forever will be one of the most crucial tactics digital marketing agencies should have if they want to profess an online presence. Some agencies assume SEO is dead because they fail to get results for their so-called SEO efforts which are largely concentrated towards increasing the number of links.
    2. Ignoring conversion optimization.
      There was a time in digital marketing when it was okay not to do conversion optimization. But this is 2020. Failure to conduct regular and attentive split trials is a blueprint for the decline.
    3. Buy followers
      While most agencies fall under the pressure to use short term strategies for quick-but-short-lasting results, be that one agency that understands the importance of the long term, principle-based strategies.
    4. Expecting huge results rapidly
      Digital marketing takes time and cannot give overnight success. Though you’ll notice some measurable results in a relatively short time. However, stay practical, clear-sighted, and realistic about the time it takes to achieve goals. Don’t rush.
    5. Not investing in UI/UX
      If you believe SEO is the make or break tactic for your agency to have any sort of web presence, then employing user interface (UI) or user experience (UX) best practices is important for increasing conversions.
    6. Not Using A.I. or Any Form of Automation
      The future for Digital agencies has arrived. If you are not a new agency, chances are you’ve heard about the importance of Artificial intelligence (AI). Google, Bing and so many other sites use AI for programmatic advertising; it’s how they operate.
    7. Irrelevant content
      If you plan to get into the digital marketing field, do it with the right approach and give it your 100%. If you fail to spend time developing relevant and quality content, it’s an expensive mistake. If you’re not attentive and accurate, your content be it writing or video editing could end up worthless to you.
    8. Not engaging on social media
      In this digital world, if your agency still doesn’t have social media presence or engagement, it would probably be considered a shame. Bear in mind that social media marketing is crucial to your digital marketing strategy and helps you in interacting and engaging with your target audience.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

A lot incorrect advice in your post.

For example:
    You don't need SEO or the search engines to succeed.
    You can get huge results very quickly with the right product and marketing.
    AI doesn't exist and won't do for many years. There is machine learning but this isn't needed for most marketing.
    You don't need to engage of SM. It may work for some but for most the ROI is very poor. SM works best when other people talk about you.

3. yashveer

yashveer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree to your points but in digital marketing you have to optimise everything that is possible.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No you don’t. You need to find the best marketing channels for your business and optimise for those. You then refine and adjust to make best use of the channels that have the best ROI.

And you are forgetting that a lot of local businesses can get better leads issuing offline marketing.

5. willydigital

willydigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Ignore Mobile Marketing - If you don't have a website that is designed and optimized for mobiles, you risk losing your potential customers.
    • Forgetting SEO updates - If you believe your website has ranked on the first page and that your work is finished, you are making a mistake. However, don’t neglect Google's Update if you don't want your website's ranking to shift.
    • No tracking and testing - You can review your stats and monitor your visitors using Google's free tools i.e. Google Analytics which is an excellent tool for monitoring the traffic report and campaign results.
    • Paying for followers - You can pay to promote your post to increase visibility on social media, but don’t buy followers, as they will not engage with your post, and you will not see any goal completion in your reports.

6. MassimoD

MassimoD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buy followers can be A BIG DAMAGE for your business.

Many people lost their accounts in IG, youtube, and so on. ( buying followers)

7. dandy2902

dandy2902
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think SEO play an important role as it's a sustainable way for your business growth, business cannot run ads all the time, it will run out of resource

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Yes it can. If you are making a profit from your adverts you can keep going forever.

9. lookup credit card

lookup credit card
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a website . i am tried past 2 months to rank website keywords but i am not able to rank my website related to Credit card and loan. please advise me what should i do?

#9 lookup credit card, May 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2021
  10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Spend lots of money! Getting a website to rank for anything financial is hard work, could take years and won't be cheap. Two months isn't anywhere near long enough.

Assuming the website is the one in your username - the chances of you ranking for anything useful is zero.

11. Akshay Zade

Akshay Zade
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I design a website related to finance like credit card generator that helps programmer and other user to keep secured their credit card details.

I have try lots, but I am unable to get perfect output. can you tell me how can i improve my credit card generator.

#11 Akshay Zade, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2021