What is the best Wordpress/vBulletin Hosting ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by BenjaminCip, Feb 7, 2019.

1. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone!

I have been experiencing several web hosting and was never satisfied with the result yet. I'd like to know what is your vBulletin hosting and if you're happy with it.

I was adviced to avoid BlueHost, HostGator and the like.

I was told the best vBulletin Hosting was URLJET... yet it's quite expensive and I want to make sure it's suited for my use. I'd like to install both a Wordpress blog and a vBulletin forum on my site. URLJET seems to offer either a wordpress or vBulletin hosting, no combination of both...

Anyone tried Arch Hosting, Atspace, hostinger or siteground ?

Thanks in advance!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Is that what they told you? Of course you can install both. What they mean is their crap affiliate business can't. Why on earth are you even looking at any of these cheap providers?

3. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the same reason that you quote, they are cheaper than URLJET. To tell the truth, I bought a lifetime Arch Hosting Business Account. I thought it was a great deal because they are not selling anymore lifetime account. The problem is that I am trying to install vbulletin on it.

I was with Atspace before, they are based in Germany. They were cheap but their support team was quite effective. I moved to arch hosting because I bought a lifetime account.... Arch Hosting's Liam is helping me right now, so i'm not totally hopeless, but if I can't install vBulletin nor Wordpress, I'll consider moving to another web hosting.

I was told Hostinger was not that bad and they offer Free vbulletin hosting as well. I am not very confident with free hosting, but was thinking to give it a try and consider buying their "not free" business hosting.

What do you think about the $25 URLJET account? Is it better to get the Gold for $35 or the best one for $50 ? I can't afford much right now. I invested all of my money in software, games, vBulletin mods such as DragonByte Tech....etc.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I wouldn't give them any money. It's a cheap reseller business. There isn't even a support line to call.

Why do you want wordpress and vBulletin? Why do they have to be on the same hosting?

5. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My previous site had both a wordpress blog and a vBulletin forum under subdomain forum.mysite.ws

As I bought pricy wordpress add-ons and vbulletin mods, I combined both. I know we can have blog on vBulletin but they are not as stilysh as on wordpress.... I might consider to leave wordpress for vBulletin if I can change Blog design for vBulletin.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

That's not complicated. It's really just changing the stylesheet.

What pricey addons did you buy? I've never needed to buy anything, I just edit functions.php to add the features I need.

PS: the link in your signature doesn't work

7. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know, I suck at coding. Along with THESIS THEME, I bought many plugins such as ALL IN ONE SEO PACK, ThirstyAffiliates (I must renew my license as they changed the coding), OIOpublisher ad manager, etc... well, it was pretty expensive to buy everything. I was a fool to think it would make my life easier.
    Actually, I wish I knew how to code myself so that I do not need to pay anything anymore.

Concerning vBulletin; I bought DragonByte Tech mods, they are quite good even though they are even more expensive.

It's not easy to run a community and I can't buy expensive material, so I can't host my website myself. That's why I'm counting on a web hosting provider such as URLJET or another cheaper Provider.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The Thesis theme is very dated. There are a lot of newer great themes that are far more responsive and many of them free or low cost. All in one SEO is free as is ThisrtyAffiliates. So really not sure what you have spent your money on.