What is the best way to get clients for a web development agency

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Cybdom Tech, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Cybdom Tech

Cybdom Tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing great as well as your respective businesses.
    I am starting my own business in my country which is under developed in terms of technology and web so getting clients is a very hard task. Did you get through the same situation when starting your business? what do you suggest to get more clients? Do you think oppening to the international is a wise decision ?

2. finiteus

finiteus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Might I ask which country? With all websites, there's some market alignment needed. For example, a local wielding business that has only 3-4 employees and serves a small town probably does not need a website. You would need to find a way to target businesses that are growing or have the potential to grow. If there are not enough web users, then your pitch to business owners is that web will grow and that web users will discover that business.

Your best bet is to put a portfolio of 3-4 sites together along with some data that support your sales. For example, "website X was built in in 2018 and in the first 3 months helped draw in Y new customers, leading to a Z% increase in sales".

3. Cybdom Tech

Cybdom Tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your response I am currently in Algeria,
    I believe you are right and this is my plan for targeting businesses, but using statistiques to attract clients is a really good idea thank you.

4. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two options – First you can sell your product on Amazon or on other website as a seller that will give you good benefit and second thing is you can create your website through online platform that will helpful to promote your website and products, simultaneously you can take the help of SEO, SMO and PPC to increase your sales.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

They are a web development agency. Amazon isn't going to sell these sorts of products...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cybdom Tech

Cybdom Tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Amazon isn't thebest place to sell web development services I guess, but having a personal website is of course a necessity and we understand that so we actually created our website which is SEO optimized

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

8. Cybdom Tech

Cybdom Tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

There are so many things wrong with that website. For starters it doesn't even demonstrate your development skills as you are just using an off the shelf theme. And it's in French. Which is great if you are only targeting French speaking clients. But no good for anyone else.

And using the TLD .tech is a bit iffy. It doesn't engender trust in the way a .com does.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cybdom Tech

Cybdom Tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

actually since we are targetting a local market the .tech domain gets a lot more attention than the .com, and using french was a choose because that's the most used language in the country. the premade theme won't stay there long and it will be soon replaced with our own. after addressing these issues what would you recommend ?

11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

So if you are targeting the local market maybe you should just be advertising locally. Engagement in Algeria may be different to how its done in other countries. For example, local radio might be a great place to advertise.

12. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

#12 VITS USA, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  13. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Website development isn't a product you can sell on Amazon. You can sell digital products (downloads) but website development isn't one of these.

14. stargrit

stargrit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your response I believe you are right and this is my plan for targeting businesses, but using statistiques to attract clients is a really good idea thank you.

15. Cybdom Tech

Cybdom Tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse