What is the best platform to build an eCommerce website of an online store?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by pooja joshi, Feb 9, 2018.

1. pooja joshi

pooja joshi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello. I'm a student and want to start my own online store after completing my graduation. But I've no idea which eCommerce platform is the best to start with, even what steps I will have to take before creating my online store.

Please, give your suggestions. Thank you :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. pooja joshi

pooja joshi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard about some online store builders like Shopify, BuildaBazaar, Zepo etc. where we can create our online store within 24 hours! Is this true? Which one is the best online store builder in India?

3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You would be better off asking the question on an Indian ecommerce forum.

However...

It all depends on what you are selling, to whom you are selling and what marketing strategy you plan to use.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ajmagat

ajmagat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can start with the basic. As you know, Social media is a very good platform to use nowadays. Most of people have social media accounts. The you can also create website where you can showcase your products and details.

#4 ajmagat, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
  5. bojangles50

bojangles50
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello there are various platforms you could use some paid for some free. Free ones would be woo-commerce works with wordpress now when I say free I mean the software is free, you will of course need your domain name and also some hosting.

You could also use hosted solutions and like ecwid because (depending on what plan you use on ecwid) you can create a site on ecwid and if using wordpress you can add the ecwid plugin to your wordpress install and your shop is in your wordpress website plus they also give you the chance to add your shop to facebook. So you build one store on the ecwid platform and you can place it in various websites.

I have used this to great effect and I find that adding products to ecwid is pretty simple

6. Salifu

Salifu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For two of the popular ones you can use are woocommerce and shopify. most of the basic plugins you can use for woocommerce can be found in the wordress repository. Shopify is also good but you need to buy some additional services

7. Jacob Wallace

Jacob Wallace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to suggest firstly keenly observe the market which accommodates are generating the fast income and regularly moving from the market to consumer. In the market you would sell anything want to sell.
    My suggestion is please come up with unique thought that will never show you back. Why don't you sell the designer ware clothes online. Try this out, will make it proud.

8. theceo

theceo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

use Shopify and booster theme it will be the best platform for your store and you will get more conversion with booster theme

9. Lisa Brown

Lisa Brown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My personal favorite is Magento. You may also use WooCommerce. You will have total control over your eCommerce site if you use these platforms. I don't like Shopify because it's not that good for SEO and you have to depend on them for any changes.

#9 Lisa Brown, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
  10. Inva

Inva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best is one that was custom built for your exact business needs. Because such a system is usually expensive, people tend to use ready-made SaaS platforms or even free solutions. It's not a bad idea, but you must be wary and leave the platform on the first sign of success. This will help you grow and avoid a lock-in. Also, the more you stay in such a platform the harder it is to break out later when you will want to expand.

11. Rehankhan

Rehankhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

“An ecommerce website builder? Why do I need one?” Well, they are simply all the rage these days for anyone who wants to launch their own online shop! But this brings up many questions and potential problems in terms of selecting the right builder for your specific needs. Today, we discuss them all to help you decide

12. Stephen Chong

Stephen Chong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well when you are talking about E-commerce website then Shopify is the best platform. It is simple to manage more like managing a wordpress Website. Other good options are Magento and WooCommerce.

13. shashankmoneymaker

shashankmoneymaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also design your website using PHP opencart platform easily .

14. Asfandiyar

Asfandiyar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The idea is good, but it depends on your product, and marketing segment. I heard about the platforms, that you write. But I doubt will they be so good at your business area.

15. kathleen taylor

kathleen taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are starting out, Shopify & Magento are great! As your journey proceed. I would recommend you to build your own eCommerce website from the bottom (coding), you don't have to do this yourself. You have to seek out the best eCommerce turnkey solution provider in the market.