What is more important: Work or Education?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by TimeRider, May 7, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree 100%, education should be a lifelong process, not something you just do in school or college. It doesn't have to be formal education. We can learn on the job like you say GekiDan. Reading books, trade press, magazines and websites is also very helpful for learning about your areas of interests. Part time courses are also extremely beneficial and can be done while you are working.

2. aquarisaa

aquarisaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Education is the must. Even without education one can earn money and do lot of things with his hard work, but the truth is, if the person also had education he would have definitely reached greater heights than he is really now!!

3. Nissan

Nissan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Education is important than work. I agree with aquarisaa, there will be a huge difference of earning money between the one who worked hard with out education and the one with education. However after education any one should go for a work, but the higher the education standards, the more high you will be treated.
    It will be better not to stop studying after +2, as it will be the crucial age to learn new things and grow not only in subject but also the kind of life you live, dignity, knowledge, etc., If the situation is really bad that you have to stop, then try to do some part time jobs to meet the needs.

4. jass

jass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very simple
    without any education people can't worked with any organization.compony etc.

5. TheZach

TheZach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Work is always most important. You get an education so you can get work.

It seems pretty much common sense

6. vaibhavmeswani

vaibhavmeswani
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me education is more important , as spend 2 to 5 yr on education and one can have a wealthy life in future and i have seen many who say they are not interested in studying they want money money moeny but they do suffer in there future when the actual time is gone.. for studying.

7. victory11

victory11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very hard question in this time. It is needed good knowledge and skills for most better paid jobs.

8. weltkind

weltkind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think both are important. But first you need to get education and then work. Otherwise we'll have a lot of uneducated workers. Education means better quality of work and therefore better quality of services we get. I'm studying my last year in school, and i had an idea of getting a work, but my father says I should first finish school with good grades and only then work. With a higher education you have ahigher chance of getting a better work. So they are connected.

9. cuteguy

cuteguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, both of them are important. It is very important that you acquire education first before working. But I admire those undergraduate people is having a good work. These two factors are one of the most important thing that we should have in our life.

10. shama

shama
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally feel one should complete his/hers education at right time.
    The best of getting a good degree is it stays with you forever.
    Once you are done with your degree start working and then pan for your future education.

This way you get the best of both worlds , experience as well as money to fund the education.
    Again all this is my personal opinion.
    Hope it helps
    My best wishes.

11. jadeddiary

jadeddiary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well education is important because work comes with that. when u dont have any education nor didnt graduate from any 4 year course even high school, its hard to find a good job. plus, when u have education, people will not underestimate you.

12. yukinojen

yukinojen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interestingly enough, work requires application skills which can be learned through observation, whereas education equips you with theories first before learning application. At the end of the day, its down to what you want to accomplish. In my country, out of school youth end up working into factories, some as mechanical assistants in car shops, while high school graduates get to work as sales crew and sometimes even janitors. Although it would seem that college graduates will most likely find better positions, a number does tend to go for jobs such as call center associates and even store managers. Skills training in itself is a form of education, so work is sort of like continuous education. You cannot separate one from the other. The only difference is, the environment and the grading/merit system.

13. sahilbange

sahilbange
    uix_expand uix_collapse

see education has always and is the first priority and a important thing which one should not degrade.Education is root of all rationalism existing in this world.An uneducated man can also do work but u cant compare it with the work of an educated man.even labours do work.yes it is true that many highly educated persons are unemployed but taht is a social issue rather than educational issue

14. zlg412

zlg412
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think learning important than work

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I sometimes enjoy it when people underestimate me. It's a good feeling, when you deliver more than people expect you to. Much better than disappointing people because they expected more than you delivered. Under promise, over deliver.

16. zui_strumming

zui_strumming
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, a person gets educated by the sort of work he does.This is a truth.
    But of course, always education is given more preference over work if the family is in dire need of money and is not much affluent.
    Education is a must, though, a person must be capable of doing everything and not the just the stuff related to the kind of work he does.

17. mr.bluee

mr.bluee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Work or Education

According to my view work is education important than work...and the most obvious reason education is important than work because it helps to acquire the subject matter and basic knowledge needed to get by in everyday life..similarly the higher level of education you achieve, the higher level of income you are likely to command as well...
    so its education which make u a smart worker and not the hard worker..

18. joseph21

joseph21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer having a good education and learn alot of skills so that when time comes that I will have my own work, I could use those skills that I've learned.

19. thacold

thacold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, let's say there are two equally skilled people applying for the same job. One graduated high school but did not go on to college. The other went to college after high school. Who do you think they would hire? Obviously the one who went to college.

20. rakendurjois

rakendurjois
    uix_expand uix_collapse

education.

education is more important. if u have education we can get a job n earn money. if u r earning some amt now we can get double of it if we study during the same time. according to me its education.