What is more important: Work or Education?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by TimeRider, May 7, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't agree with that at all, my Dad retired recently and he has returned to college and is doing a full time degree programme. My Dad's not as old as the Californian lady in this story who recently got a degree in Art History - Woman Earns College Diploma at 94.

2. scroozlewis

scroozlewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, Education is more important than work(job), because your whole
    future is fully depend on your education.If your education is good, then you get better and best job.So do sincerely study...Best of luck for your future..:)

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's the truth that it's never too late to finish your studies and succeed in life.

4. JOEY BONNER

JOEY BONNER
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is such a very intriguing topic. Nevertheless, it would all depend with the person, regardless if others would find job as a need prior to education or others would find education as a passion or a continuing process connected with one's life. The important thing here is both education OR work are tools to prepare and have a good future. After all, as human beings, we grow through learning. It's a matter of knowing what we want in the future (such as what kind of work=income) to determine the best strategy available at the very moment.

5. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People who like me do not like education i will drop it provide the thing you doing is able to allow you to have a steady income per month. If not it would be good to stick to education.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What? You don't like to study? If you are not well educated, you can't find a stable and steady job.
    Did you know that each day, we are able to learn something new? Even though it's just one new thing, it can always make a difference.

7. WildCat

WildCat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My opinion is that you have to do both but no matter what will be the first: you can start with education and then start working or you can start working and then study.

8. hafez

hafez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the practical reality in which we live is more important than education, where education is not only information but experience rather than as information and cultures

I also think he should change the style of education in our lives and link it to work because he is the one who prepares you more than education

#208 hafez, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
  9. johnkalli1990

johnkalli1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well practically work is important, if you show you are competent enough than education does'nt matter

10. valentinohill11

valentinohill11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me education and learning is one of the most important processes in today's society. A job that makes enough money for you to support your family but if you do not educated so you cant do job.

11. almokatel

almokatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that work and education are complementary to each other without education does not benefit the work and work without education leads to a lot of mistakes

12. mitchellpk123

mitchellpk123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think, work is more important because we do hard work to get money, and if we have money with us then I do not think we need to work to get it.The practically work is important, if you show you are competent enough than education doesn't matter.

13. josaphlewis

josaphlewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hate the rote method of education. I think our education system sucks big time. There is no practical exposure. It is just cramming up theoretical lessons.

14. justin tauress

justin tauress
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Learn while you earn! There is an immense scope to learn in a more conducive environment while at work. Enroll yourself in part time courses without compromising your work commitments.

#214 justin tauress, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  15. martinhames

martinhames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The things we learn and the experience gained in the meanwhile shouldn’t be underestimated. Things that a classroom won’t teach will be taught by your work place.

16. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me Education in more important, because if you lost your job, since you are educated it is not so hard for you to find another job, but if you lost your and your not educated as well that would be the worst senario ever.

17. dillan598

dillan598
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, education and work are both as important. I think that one cannot go without the other. I've met some people who are highly educated and might even be geniuses but are not working. On the other hand, there are also a majority of people who are working but has stopped learning and improving themselves.

18. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally think the education system where I live is horrible. You really only learn the basics. I think you learn the most when you are out experiencing it. You can't learn without really experiencing it. When you think about it, you do lose a lot of wwhat you spent hours a day every week learning.

19. neilfriston

neilfriston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Education for sure. With an educational qualification, you will get good work profile. Education surely gives you a good start in your career. Study hard!..:)

20. georgelukie

georgelukie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Work and Education both are equally important for every person in their life, as only education is of no use unless you use it for development of yoru self and your business and to work better and imrove your self its education is very important for everybody.