What is a good source for SEO strategy advice?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Brian Ward, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Brian Ward

Brian Ward
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I run a website, www.CBDSuppliers.eu , and I am stumped at the moment in trying to get traffic into it. It is part of a project that I am doing for college but I am hoping to continue with it after I graduate (hopefully!). My problem is that I have tried just about everything that I can for SEO but I'm still getting minimum traffic. I have optimised keywords, submitted it to multiple search engines, reduced page load times and developed backlinks.

My problem is twofold.
    1. Driving traffic to the site, I have a Twitter account that is at 1.45kand growing by about 30-4- followers a day so that has worked to some extent. Google, on the other hand, doesn't seem to want to know me. I just can't seem to find any definitive guide to what Google wants to rank a site higher. Is there any source that lays out all of the criteria that I would have to follow to get a better ranking.

2, My second problem is auditing the site. I have used the likes of Moz, Ahrefs, SEM Rush etc and they all give me different results. One says I have 40backlinks, another 600 and another 254k. It's the same with DA/PA. Could anyone recommend a good, reliable and accurate auditing source that truly reflects my situation (preferably free or free trial me being a student and all!).

Thanking you in advance.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You are focusing on the wrong things. Google likes content that is informative, interesting and adds value on a site that is authoritative and trustworthy.

All I see on your site is a bunch of low quality click bait articles.

There is no incentive for google to index and rank your site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brian Ward

Brian Ward
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the reply fisicx. I initially posted those articles as a means of building the site for the initial part of the project. It is my intention over the next week to write original content and retask the site to reflect this. My intention is to mix aggregated content issued under creative commons licence with original articles that I either produce myself or get from guest writers. I presume that this will look better when Google visits the site.

4. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should follow search engine land, search engine journal and other top SEO blogs which will help you to know about SEO, latest updates, as well as it will help you to know how to optimize the website and improve ranking.

Ahref is the good tool to know about backlinks.

5. Shruti Singh

Shruti Singh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to more focus on Website content. Try to write good content for websites, only good content will help you to rank on google. Under content try to Put hyperlinks. you have to follow search engine rules, guidelines & Policies.

6. lincy

lincy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land is the best source for SEO Strategy Advice.

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0