What If I Stole Someone Web Content & Use It My Own Web?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Athar, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Athar

Athar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello sir,
    I want to know what if i stole my competitor content and do some modification(just like change word to synonymous), Google Panda can detect my content.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Yes it can and you may well be penalised. So don't do it.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a word for what you want to do. It's called "Spinning" and yes, Google can detect it. When they do, as fisicx mentioned, you will be penalized. It will then take more work to get the rankings you need, because you now have to over come the penalty, then do things the way you should have in the first place. You would be much better off doing things right from the beginning, with original, informative, and compelling content.

4. Simon_G

Simon_G
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are willing to spin others content (plagiarism per say), it says quite a lot about the person you are I feel.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not necessarily. He could have gotten bad advice from someone who told him he could do it if he did it the "right" way. There is no "right" way to use spun content, and the fact that he is asking the question says more about the people he has been getting advice from.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simon_G

Simon_G
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are not willing to check someones advice, you deserve any repercussions that may come from bad advice IMHO.

It doesn't take much to confirm information nowadays thanks to the internet, so there really is no excuse. In fact is it just lazy.

And If we are talking about business copy, then yes it does show exactly who you are as a person, and moreover, it clearly shows you have disregard for your business.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He is not only willing to check someone's advice, that could be why he started the thread in the first place. There's a reason why this forum is called Business Advice Forum. The OP is from India, and website marketers there are not exactly known for keeping up to date on current website marketing methods. So he came here to get the right advice from someone who actually knows what he should be doing..
    It depends on the size of the business. Yes, actual companies with a physical location, maybe even a marketing department, should know how to properly market their business. But there are also small businesses, even home businesses, run by people who haven't learned everything they need to know. In which case, they can search the internet, as you suggested, or simply come here to get any business advice they need.

• Like Like x 1