What are the biggest challenges you are facing with employees?

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by hiringguy, Apr 16, 2018.

1. hiringguy

hiringguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wondering what everyone is struggling with regarding employees? Is it writing the job descriptions, hiring, performance management, problem employees, motivation or something else? I always have problems with performance management but wanted to hear what everyone else thinks!

2. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For us, hiring is an issue. Not that we have difficulty looking for good people but what applicants expect versus what we expect from them. We're working to fix this during our recruitment and onboarding process.

• Like Like x 1
  3. akiinn

akiinn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

100% same issue! It's quite tough to find capable people, despite being located in a thriving and international city. There is always a massive difference between what we expect from the employees, and what they think they have to provide.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Inva

Inva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The answer depends on what kind of employee you want to hire. The biggest problem is that most people in the world do not do the job they wanted to, therefore are not too motivated to reach heights. They will be content with simply having a job. For some this may be a problem, for some it's not. Depends on what is required from the employee.

If the position is one of low skills/expectations, a lack of drive or ambition is actually a plus, as the employee will become skilled over time and will not look to leave. If the position is one which requires high level of skills, obviously a lack of ambition to improve is problematic as they will become stagnant.

5. Lisa Brown

Lisa Brown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work in the healthcare industry. In my case keeping employees motivated is one of the concerning issue as herein healthcare industry employees have to face a lot of work pressure. Other than that, nurse turnover is causing me a bit headache.

6. Stephen Chong

Stephen Chong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, we are working in a web development firm. And there are lot of issues that employees have, Every person has different set of problems, some are losing motivation, Leaves, attendance, documentation, Record management etc. so now we are using HRM software which can manage all the Records and give a clear picture of the employee attendance. So that we can spare some time motivation and make the workplace happy.