Website SEO

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Shaytorn, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Shaytorn

Shaytorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there,

I have read on some marketing blogs that SEO is a dying art due to Google updates. We have been offered SEO services for our aluminium website and we are unsure if it is worth pursuing. We are ranked decently as it is not the most competitive industry when it comes to online marketing but new leads still come from Google.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

SEO is not a dying art. It's still much alive and if done properly can be a valuable source of leads.

If your site is ranking well for useful keywords leave it alone. Google obviously likes what it finds so don't mess with it.

3. Shaytorn

Shaytorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks fisicx, yea we are ranking ok. Not well, but not bad. There is definitely room for improvement, hence my asking whether it is worthwhile pursuing SEO services. I linked my website in my original post but the moderators removed it for some reason? Please take a look at the site and let me know if you feel paid SEO services are required or if anything else needs improvment? The guy who built the website said it would be completely optimised for Google and we would just need to post blogs. I have tried some blog posts but they don't get many views.

Please take a look and let me know, particularly from an SEO perspective. The website is https://www.aluminiumtrading.co.za

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Google suggests you need to sort out the speed. You only score 21/100:

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https://www.aluminiumtrading.co.za/

If you sell aluminium than remove all the guff from the homepage and show me the products.

Make the font darker and bigger (google checks for readability)

Bin the 'News' it's a distraction and adds no real value. Google would prefer you spend more time on each of the product pages.

A few ideas to begin with.

5. hikebranding

hikebranding
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is still working. You only have to follow the Google guidelines and do the things which will give positive results.

6. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the era of technology, everybody wants to see something new in daily basis, that’s why you can see new updates in operating system, iOS and Android version etc.…if Google update their algorithms so what is new?

Actually Google wants to focus on result and from last from 2-3 years it has updated their algorithm 50-60 times to improve their accuracy. So we can say SEO not a dying art! It is art of working with patience.

7. JohnMarket

JohnMarket
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO will continue to be a major channel for those businesses looking to reduce costs, and achieve long-term sustainable growth. There are multiple aspects of SEO that can be used. For example, link building, content marketing, technical SEO (meta description management and back-end maintenance), among others. When implemented correctly, a business can expect to more web traffic from organic sources.

8. Rifat Ahmed

Rifat Ahmed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Surely SEO is getting complicated everyday and not dying for sure. You have to optimize your site for better ranking otherwise you may lose your current ranking position also. The market is moving everyday and it is worth investing in SEO.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I think it's getting simpler everyday not more complicated.

10. samirdentalcare

samirdentalcare
    uix_expand uix_collapse

seo never died but obviously need other sources to gain traffic and generate calls