Video post to maximize SEO - What would you do?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by commercialforest, Jun 5, 2019.

1. commercialforest

commercialforest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A site with decent authority is writing an article where I'll be featured. They asked for a short video which I'm providing.

From an SEO perspective, which is the best option?

- I give them the raw video, have have them host it. My site links/embeds from theirs
    - I upload the video to my YT channel and let them embed as do I for my site
    - I upload the video to my site and have them embed from my site.
    - Both of us upload and host the same video

I'm trying to maximize SEO juice from this.

What would you do?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

None of the above.

The actual video won’t do anything for SEO.

What you need are words on their site to support the video and a link back to your site.

• Like Like x 1
  3. commercialforest

commercialforest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks.

We have the backlinks in place. I will ask for some text referencing the video.

I just assumed our video appearing on a high authority site would help since we're the creator. If that's no the case, I will upload the video to our YT channel and let them embed it.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Think about it like this.

Google will index their site and see there is a video. They will look at the video title and the supporting content. Google may look at any youtube comments and number of views. This will build up a picture of authority. If they see the citation that tells the reader that the video is yours and is the view of an expert then the link back to your site will have great value.

Google won't know what is said in the video - it won't even know what the cinematography is about. All Google can do is rely on the words on the page

5. denydz

denydz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The video will keep the visitors a longer time on the website on which is displayed, so will improve the conversion rate.
    I would suggest to keep the video on other host, preferably Vimeo, since it won't reduce your video quality.
    Of course, you should dispaly some credits on the description of the video, and if not posible, in the title.