The more succesful i'm, the less friends i have...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Lazar, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Lazar

Lazar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lately, this is huge issue in my life and i can't get over it. In last few weeks, i lost all my friends because of their jealousy(They became aware that i'm making 5-6 times more money than them) and this is destroying my positive energy and good attitude. I have no one in my life except my family. This is kinda making me depressed...
    How to overcome this and become better version of myself? How to find new friends?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. First that I can suggest for you to do is to get in touch with a professional that can help you out with your depression. It's not something I'd take lightly.

To be a better version of yourself and to be able to meet new people, you have to be in the right mindset first. I know that things are not as easy at it sounds. Just consider this to be an opportunity to meet the right people to surround yourself with, real friends wouldn't be jealous of the success that a friend achieves. Instead, they support them and consider that as a motivation to be better themselves. Wish you all the best!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should spend some of the this money on your friends and fulfill their needs if they have any and there is every chance that they don't get away from you. In fact when you are willing to spend some of your money on them and on their needs. they want to stay close to you as much as they can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you should be thankful that you know what kind of friends you already have. True friends will be most happy if they see you accomplished much. If your success right now is legitimate, meaning it did not come from any vices or criminal acts and are purely the fruits of your labor, then they should not feel jealous of you. Just be true to yourself and true friends will come.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CouponZeta

CouponZeta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should say thanks to god that at least now you came to know what sort of friends you have in your life. It may not sound good Lazar but start being yourself and enjoy your own company. Do speak with people and enjoy the way you can but don't forget that you have a beautiful life which is completely yours. Don't spoil your attitude and faith just for the sake of people who don't want to be with you when you are successful and happy. Losing confidence may take you minutes but trust me if you want to be back it will be harder than expected.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi @Lazar, thought that it would do you good if someone checked up on you. Have you made an effort to see a professional and discuss what you're feeling?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They weren't very good friends then were they!
    I'm delighted you are having great success, Well done!
    Take up a hobby to get you out making new friends and have fun.

Let me know your progress - Best wishes

• Like Like x 1
    #7 Tandy, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018