The Benefits Of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by joy.linford, Feb 4, 2017.

1. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe AMP pages are made to be faster. Definitely, everyone is discussing enormous distributers at this stage yet I accept there is the advantage in AMPing your site independent of it being a news or blog website on the grounds that a definitive objective of AMP is to make pages lighter and faster. I believe you will have the edge if you apply it and can rank superior to anything "heavier" pages that your competition with a similar kind of site has.

I am currently working on making my site AMP. I have just finished it to around 40% in design but I am investing my time and energy in making sure that my site has AMP version running.

2. dennis123

dennis123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) SEO boost is because these pages show up on the Google News carousel – which is given priority above-the-fold placement on mobile searches.
    2) Loading time is a major factor in your SERP ranking, faster your page, the higher you rank
    3) Bounce rate: Not only will speed have your readers staying on your page for longer, but it will also help reduce your bounce rate

3. 1minhlakin

1minhlakin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One drawback of AMP is you have to give up the revenue from advertising. And for me, I don't think I'm ready to give up such a big part of my income.

• Like Like x 1
    #3 1minhlakin, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertising shouldn't be the primary purpose of your website anyway. If visitors to your website from mobile have a better experience, your website traffic will increase, and you can make more money from the service or product being sold on your website. It could wind up making the loss of advertising revenue irrelevant.

5. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You do not have to give up on your revenue as there are many paid tools in the market who gives us the functionality for ad placements. In fact I am using one tool which helps me a lot.

6. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

AMP helps greatly in boosting the site's SEO, as the users love to access fast loading sites. It increases the number of mobile visitors to your page.

7. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usage on using mobile devices to browse the internet is growing, and users have even started to adapt voice search (growing usage as well) so you are on a right track to ensure your website is relevant to mobile users but the question is if AMP will be dropped in the future? I hope you have include this factor in your decision

8. bangthetable

bangthetable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Last week only i have implemented the AMP plugin to my wordpress site. My web page design is completely changed while seeing in mobile devices after installed the plugin. There is no UX design. it's showing only my content without any designs. I think i have to customize my page according to AMP designs.

9. paulkeren

paulkeren
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think AMP helps a lot in SEO. Because now a days world is going around mobiles and 85% of public are using mobile for their searches irrespective of purpose. And if you want to reach your customers website should be made available in Mobile also and it should be mobile friendly. If the loading speed of page is high the users won't wait until it is loaded which mean You are loosing one Users,. So AMP playa a vital role in SEO and it can be achieved through Google Web Master Tool.

Thanks & Regards,
    Paul Keren

10. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've talked to one of the SEO guys of a boxing news website (Boxing News 24) and they've tried AMPing their site in hopes of better user engagement. However, the result is quite catastrophic as their site experienced a lot of errors (might be because of the coding).

Another thing that affected the site negatively is the user experience. Yes it became faster. But some of the elements that their returning visitors used to see are gone and it affected the way they navigate the site.

So before applying AMP to your webpages, make sure to make thorough analysis and if your site really needs AMP.

In my case, I asked my developer to stripped unnecessary JS bloat and we went for CDN optimization over AMP. Our client's loads 4x faster after that. That's without applying any AMP.

Another case is that, we applied AMP to one of my test websites and retained the default mobile version it. For testing purposes, compared the speed, and the result is quite the same.

So for me it's always a case to case basis when it comes to this technology. After all, AMP is a relatively new technology and there's a lot to be improved. If you are just aiming for "speed" then there's a lot more options than AMP. If you are looking for an overall website performance, then I think you can consider it.

To give you a more wider and clearer view about AMP, try reading this thread: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14384187

11. vinsam

vinsam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is number of befits are there in AMP
    1. the increase of rankings in websites
    2. friendliness and visibility which is more for the improved search engine rankings.
    3. it reduces bounce rates because low bounce rates are prime helpful for the readers
    4. it is supports technologies, networks, and formats
    5. it is really helps to tracks visitor behavior on websites has significantly increased.