Taking control over your own business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by CookieMonstar2020, Nov 9, 2019.

1. CookieMonstar2020

CookieMonstar2020
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So, I must warn that this post will contain alot of controversy.

Ok, so summed up, I own a business that my father has made using my name when I turned 18 because he was unable to start his own due to some arrears he had from his previous workplace. He is now blocked from starting his own business but he can work as an administrator, position that he currently has in mine.

While I trusted him that everything will be ok, I let him do whatever he wanted in the business for the past couple of years, and everything is running smoothly now, but, he doesn't want me, my sister and my mother anymore because he found a cheap country bitch and he is starting to take over our properties. Without going too far I must mention that both me, my stupid mother(because she doesn't want to take any action agaist this abuse) and my sister are living quite a hellish life that's getting worse and worse(my mom started doing drugs while, after a huge struggle, I managed to quit them and my sister doesn't have money for college - she is straight A in school).

So, basically, I want to take over the whole business, find a new administrator and fire his ass out. But here's the problem. I don't have access to the business documents and both he and my mother don't want to give them to me. (Mainly because he doesn't want to, my mom is just too stoned on painkillers to actually admit what is happening)

The question is: How should I act? What are the steps to firing my father and getting a new administrator, or even selling the business?
    Could I do this while avoiding conflict?

PS. I missed four years in 4 different universities in which I had fairly good grades because he was constantly picking on or sabotaging me. I'm currently studying java programming on Udemy while living with my aunt and grandma.
    This so you can understand how much shit I endured from this asshole that now has sold our apartament to that whore of his.
    Clear to me is that he's prepping the ground to leaving us with absolutely nothing.

PS2. I forgot to mention that my mother is working for him as an accountant and it's been years and years of she getting picked on, manipulated and insulted for nothing.

#1 CookieMonstar2020, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Where is this business?

Are you a director?

3. CookieMonstar2020

CookieMonstar2020
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am the owner, which means that I can legally fire him, as he is hired as a manager/administrator, but I have access to nothing in this business. Another problem may arise because I don't hold all the shares, there is another person who holds a smaller percentage of shares.

Having to think about it, I don't even want to absolutely fire him, but I do want to obtain some money from this - by selling all my shares - enough money so I can start a new life, because I've been through alot and I also want to help my sister out with her college taxes and upkeep. So, how can I do this having in consideration the above mentioned?

#3 CookieMonstar2020, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  4. Ritesh Patil

Ritesh Patil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need a legal help for this, a lawyer can definitely help you and guide you.

5. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Proper legal consultant in business is important because they always save you on that situation where you have no knowledge about law or legal documentation.