Social Media Text on My site - Duplication issue?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by alastairbrian, Apr 7, 2017.

1. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it possible to copy paste the text (content) from social media i.e. Facebook and publish it on website?

How Google will look this text?
    Will it be treated as plagiarized and Google de ranks those posts?

2. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can surely share others' tweets and facebook posts on your website but I am not sure how much it helps with your website ranking. There are many top websites who share posts from others' social media accounts so there must be something beneficial for their websites.

3. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for replying , but my question is different from it:

Repeating that again:

How Google will look this text?
    Will it be treated as plagiarized and Google de ranks those posts?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What is the reason for copying the content? Can you give us a detailed explanation of what this copied content is being used for? If there is a legitimate reason, there are ways to credit the original source. If, however, you are using copied content rather than creating your own, Google will see it as, in your word, "plagiarized" content. As a result, you will not get the "credit" you would normally get for original content, but it would not be "deranked" - it wouldn't be ranked in the first place.

5. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think that Google will consider the content "plagiarized" If it is copied from Facebook.

I know that copying content from other sites is a crime, but the case is different for Facebook, I think that these plagiarism policies don't applies on Facebook.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You mentioned the word "plagiarized" in your original post, and used Facebook as an example. In any case, why wouldn't the same rules that apply to everyone else not apply to Facebook? Unlike, for example, YouTube, Facebook is not owned by Google. Even then, I don't think you could use content from YouTube if you do not own it, as that doesn't benefit Google in any way. So, why would Facebook be a special case?

7. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using Facebook as an example because once I checked plagiarism for some content that was shared on Facebook. That was a paid tool and the tool showed zero plagiarism. That was a trusted tool so I think like this about Facebook.