Simple ways to manage anxiety and stress, simple tips for relaxation?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by bmwillsmith, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried your all tips but none of tips help me and I have to take pills.

Any other different idea?

What happened when I am stressed or have a anxiety?
    • Increase in heart bit.
    • Start feeling bad thing.

But when I take pill then everything quickly become normal. ;/

I think you are expert in this area so please give some different advice, I tried most of tricks even from different different blog/site and none of help me.

2. RizAseem

RizAseem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is the simplest way I have discovered to manage stress and reduce anxiety.

It is such a simple step that when I first heard it -- I discarded it without much thought. But when I started implementing it -- my anxiety level decreased and I was able to become stress-free.

Here it is -- Write down everything. Especially things that upset you.

There is a strange power to writing things down. Your problems. Your stresses. Your anxieties.

The minutes you write things down they become smaller. More manageable. Easier to handle.

Then you can take your time to solve your problem and come up with the solution on paper. The more solutions on paper you can come up with the quicker your anxieties go away.

Worried about making payroll this week? Write it down -- then come up with 5 ways you could do that.

Unsure how to meet that tight deadline? Put it on paper -- then think about all the ways you could meet that deadline.

I know it's a very simple, often repeated advice. But I implore you to try it for yourself. Write down stuff that troubles you, and see how quickly it dissipates.

Up and At 'Em

3. faiza

faiza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also take a long breathe and just lay down with close eyes,its gives me relaxation.

4. Andrea

Andrea
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have the problem with overcoming my anxiety, especially when it happens during the day.. I tried yoga, meditation and meditation music, it just does not work for me, I get bored and actusilly end up thinking about my conserns even more. I have been going to gym for the last two months and I tried weight lifting, crossfit and more demanding workouts and that is what surprisingly works for me. The more physically tired I get, the clearer my mind gets. I am still struggling with dealing with my anxiety, but I see an improvement

5. gainfromhere

gainfromhere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best tip is to do meditation everyday. It will calm your mind. It will give strength and energy to fight with negative things. It will control unnecessary thoughts. The another tip is yoga.

6. Aparna

Aparna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoga is the best solution. For an instant result, calm yourself and take long breathe. You will find the difference.

7. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tried that once and suddenly lost a willing to work the rest of the day, that caused me sone issues. However, this was a good practice:).

Now I'm trying to take deep breath first

8. Natalie M

Natalie M
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same with me. Yoga sounds good and helps a lot of people. Tried it, well it didn't work for me either, but intensive workouts definitely help. Also, when the weather is good when it's warm and the sun is shining, I put on my headphones, sit on a bench in a park and try to relax - that helps as well.

9. Fugueman

Fugueman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to meditate a few minutes before starting my day so that I feel at peace and relaxed when facing my busy day

10. Fugueman

Fugueman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They always say that sometimes the book fits in the moment it should be read and I pass, I recommend it widely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Victimo56

Victimo56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in my life I use meditation for many things, before knowing it all the time I was in bad shape and suffered from anxiety. Personally, I highly recommend it.

12. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Awesome ideas you have shared with us for decreasing the stress but one more thing you forgot to tell is stress ball which is an awesome stress-reliever toy and helps to boost the blood circulations in your body and makes a person stress out. It really works out and nowadays, people are also using it because they think it is one of the best and simple idea which can be used anywhere while traveling, walking, etc.

13. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mindfulness practice definitely helps out. I use Calm app for this. You can also do the breathing exercise as that helps reduce the stress. And it's good for the health.

14. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoga is also good for relaxation it can help to circulate your blood in mind and relax your body. Meditation is also important to overcome of stress.