Shareholder Advice

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by Snouter712, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Snouter712

Snouter712
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good evening all, apologies in advance for this long winded post. A couple of years ago I left my well paid long term job and purchased a 25% share in a company where I become a director too. I subsequently went to work for the company on a full time basis. Now to be honest this was the biggest mistake of my life. The stress of the job made me very ill and after only 11 months I made the decision to leave the company. I resigned as a director but kept my shareholding (despite it not being worth much). I was very fortunate and was able to return to my previous job. Move on to December last year and the majority shareholder got in contact to inform me that the business was going to cease trading due to poor trading. I was devastated as I believed I would eventually get some money back on my shares. However since then I have had no contact despite repeated efforts on my behalf but I have recently discovered that the company never ceased trading and in fact is still running.

Due to the fact that I can’t get any response from the majority shareholder is it worth me going to a solicitor for them to get the ball rolling on selling my shares?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

2. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should consult with Solicitor because they can give you proper advice for you.