Share Your Best Productivity Hacks

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Brooke Harper, May 19, 2017.

1. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're like me, chances are your productivity is determined by what you're in the mood for. To counter this innate instinct of mine, I've managed to come up with these productivity hacks that work (for me, at least):

1. I don't use my personal mobile phone while at the office. I noticed that keeping a phone on my desk/work table makes my productivity suck even more. I only check my phone before work, during breaks, and after work.

2. I used my Sunday nights to come up with a To-do list for the entire weekday. I tend to forget things, even important memos, meetings, and events so having a to-do list from Monday-Friday helps me keep tabs on what I need to do, where I need to be, and who I need to meet.

3. When there's a to-do list, there's also weekly goals, which I list down during Sunday nights, too. Doing so helps me keep track of my progress as an employee and identify areas where I can do a little bit more work.

4. I set aside time to read emails. I don't read emails while working on important tasks since it makes me lose focus. It works, too because usually, I'm all over the place.

What are your productivity hacks?

• Like Like x 1
  2. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your sharing, Brooke. They all work well for me also. I'd like to share some more productivity tips from my own experience:
    1. Prioritize your tasks based on urgency and importance.
    2. Avoid multitasking, do one by one
    3. Find your most productivity time of the day (and do most important and urgent things in this time)
    Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seindfield calendar did wonders for me.
    Simple yet very effecting on creating habbits :) google it. Its free and its well worth it if you have problems in creating some good habbits
    ( in my case, learning programming & saving money daily)

4. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take 30-40 minutes off from your work and go outside to have a little walk or jog. I would prefer to have two mini breaks rather than a one long break in my job.

5. Ketzilla

Ketzilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Get to your desk about 15 minutes early and write out a daily list of tasks and plan out your day before it begins. This will help to keep you focused and on track throughout the day.

2) Commit! Dedicate the first hour to getting as much done as you can. Avoid your email inbox, favorite blogs, and voicemails, and get right to work.

3) Allocating specific time periods when it’s okay to become distracted can help make the rest of your day more productive. Just keep them short and then get back to it.

4) By shifting your focus between tedious and repetitive tasks and those that are more engaging, you can keep yourself more happily involved in your work throughout the day.

5) Music can help you settle into your work routine. Low-volume music can drown out noises in the office without interrupting other people around you.

6) Hydration is important for a variety of health reasons. Fill up a personal water bottle and keep it with you all day. Keeping a water bottle by your side will prevent you from having to get up over and over to get more water and ensures that you stay hydrated throughout the day.

7) Having a lunch break away from your desk can disrupt your productivity routine, but it does provide some much-needed relaxation and respite from your work. Enjoy your lunch break and return to your work with renewed energy and focus.

8) Respond to personal emails and deal with personal phone calls on your own time. By clearly separating work and home, you can focus yourself better during the day to get more done.

6. RJWilde

RJWilde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like to use my "mean time" to build knowledge and keep my mind stimulated. I'll listen to podcasts on my morning commute, for instance. Also, making very separate time for leisure time. Part of staying productive to me has always been about avoiding burnout!

7. Salifu

Salifu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wake up at 4:30 am if you can. I found out waking up at this time means i could start work at 5:am and when i do, i tend to complete a great deal by 9:am.

8. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well rightly said there is an old Quote "Never prioritise your schedule instead schedule your priorities". You are going in the right way. I always find mobile and other gadgets distracting you from your goals and always tries to avoid them during working hours but sometimes its irresistible and don't know what to do in that situations.

9. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My productivity hack is doing chores in the morning and ONLY in the morning. I do this to remove whatever distraction I could have that would enable me to procrastinate. Once all the chores are done, I would have no reason, and no excuse, not to work for the rest of the day. And I enjoy working more because my home office is so clean, organized and pretty.

10. Brad Young

Brad Young
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My biggest challenge are distractions and email in particular. I compulsively check email. When my computer goes slow, when a webpage loads, when I’m thinking for a second too long about something – boom – I’m in my email.

So my “hack” is simple: when I need to get something done, I close Outlook and Skype.

If I can, I’ll disconnect entirely from all networks. No-one will die if I’m not online for a few hours but I can get a lot done. I tend to balance this with an early start though so it’s not like I’m missing much, just removing my own temptation.

11. Fugueman

Fugueman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also used it as a means to have a schedule on my day to day and it works very well

12. Victimo56

Victimo56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I do and it works Every day a notebook of daily tasks.