Same content or new content on Guest post?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bangthetable, Nov 17, 2016.

1. bangthetable

bangthetable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have already published the new content on my business website. I am planning to do guest post to improve the referral traffic. Could i use the same content for the guest post or should i create the new content for guest post?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

New content.

And don't expect much referral traffic unless the site you are posting on has huge numbers of visitors.

3. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Original and unique new content will always give you more benefit than using old and duplicate content. So ALWAYS use new unique and original content to get good success with your guest posting efforts.

4. abhikmehra

abhikmehra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for guest posting you will have to create unique and fresh content. And you may use proper anchor text in your article for getting relevant traffic on your website form that specific post

5. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely go with new/unique content for the guest post coz if you post the exact same post on their site then two major negative things can happen:

1. The contents get discounted as duplicate content in the search engines.
    2. The site that you're posting your exact same article on could actually end up outranking your site -even though you posted it on your site first.

This is why even when syndicating your content, you should make sure that the site that your syndicating it to has the rel=canonical tag.

Yeah, I know these are more things to consider, but that's the ever-changing world of SEO for you.

But bottom line for your current situation with the guest post, just write a new post for them and you won't have to worry about this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nina

nina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most guest posting sites do not accept duplicate content. If you want to post content in different country's site then you can translate your content to that regional specific language so google wont count is as duplicate content.

7. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should never use same content. it will gives you nightmares only. always try to go for the unique copycatted free and informative content. google will harm your site badly if they found anything like that and make sure google always founds things like this. so play safe and go for the different content.

8. Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never use duplicate content on your website or any one's website it will affect website ranking very drastically.

9. mark-taylor

mark-taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never use your already published content, specially for guest posting. First of all your already published content can be rejected & also it's not a good thing overall.

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Yes they do
    Google will pick this up
    All google will do is ignore the duplicate content. There is no penalty for duplicate content. There is however a penalty if Google thinks you are guest posting in order to boost your ranking.
    No it won't.
    Very unlikely Most sites that accept guest posts will accept any old junk.

Guest posting is no different to the old article submission sites. Google knows which ones to trust and which ones to ignore. Any site that accepts your post without moderation or where the subject matter isn't on-topic should be ignored. You need to identify an authoritative and respected site and cultivate a relationship in order to gain trust before asking for an opportunity to guest post.

11. bangthetable

bangthetable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not going to use the same content. Just thinking to modify or rewrite the the content. But the meaning and intention of content would be same. I will use your tips while doing guest post.

12. nina

nina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No they don't. 9 out of 10 guest posting sites will refuse to post the content which is already published elsewhere. But ofcourse if you have posted your content on sites like NY times then surely other sites will republish the same content on their site and give the credit link. but this is entirely different story.

13. printshop1

printshop1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is not recommended to use same content on external websites after using it on the business website. So whenever you want to submit article whether in the business website or 3rd party sites always submit fresh new content to avoid duplicate issues.

14. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It depends on the site. A lot of the free for all sites will accept any old junk - and these are in the majority and are worthless. Those who manage their content will do their checks of course but even then, the benefits of guest posting are limited. Google has got wise to the practice and it gives very little value to the links. On the other hands, a good article on a popular site can drive traffic for a short period of time.

15. bangthetable

bangthetable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your advice. I will consider your solution for the guest post submission.