Sales Leads

Discussion in 'Employer Issues' started by Megan Rae, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Megan Rae

Megan Rae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are planning on putting together a sales team to market our financial newsletter. I don't really want to hand out leads to the new tele sales team. I know there is a way for them to contact customers without me handing them our company's confidential leads. So, like an auto-dialer? I also need the disposition on the calls and info on what they agent was able to discuss or share with the customer. Eventually, we will contact customers who did not buy today and try and put them in another program or product.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you don't want to "hand out" leads to your sales team, what are you going to do with the leads? Many years ago, there was a company that wanted their sales team to spend their time dialing the phone 100 times or more searching for someone to talk to. At the end of the day, those who were willing to do this might end up with two viable leads. Meanwhile, the company was getting so many leads per day through their website that they eventually had "more than (they) knew what to do with". Over the years, the company did very well, but the sales team - not so much. You don't want to end up with a situation where you "eventually" contact someone who needed your service three months ago, and no one called them, because you didn't want to "(hand) out our company's confidential leads".
    You want to avoid an auto-dialer, because most businesses would probably ignore any automated contact they get - I know I would. If I can't talk to a real person, don't bother to call. As a matter of fact, don't call at all. With the level of technology available, if a potential client needs any type of service or product, the first thing they will do is "Google" it. So the best thing to do is market your website online, so you can be listed on page one of the search engines for phrases related to your services. If you just want to promote the newsletter, you can create a landing page about the newsletter, and run a PPC campaign.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Glenda_Blue

Glenda_Blue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There should be a certain standard, regulations, an effective approach, and process to be able to have the desired results. I presume too that you must be looking into compliance and lead analysis to control and minimize the issues in your business. Or you may ask an assistance of a professional in terms of a compliance software for that matter.

#3 Glenda_Blue, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Megan.

Leads are meant to be qualified and disqualified. If you're keeping your sales reps from accessing your confidential list of leads, you're missing out on a lot of sales opportunities. Like in Joseph's example, if you have a lot of inquiries coming in via the website, it would help if you have a helpdesk/live chat option available where you can accommodate interested parties. Time is crucial, and the more time you put off calling/getting in touch with leads, the more business you're losing.

In terms of an auto-dialer, it's nice if you have one, but it's better if you let your sales agents make the call. If you want to save time on manually dialing phone numbers, I think the best bet would be a CRM that has a click-to-dial feature. If it doesn't have that, there are a bunch of supplemental software that can give you that feature.