Please Review my First Forum..

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Scarface_007, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks good you can add more topic in your forum. For what purpose are you using this forum??

2. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What purpose? well its Tech related forum, started this off to help users who have issues with computers. The community will help them to their best ability.

3. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just checked your forum out again to see how it's progressed the last couple of days. It looks like it's picking up a little, hopefully if you stay active yourself you'll notice some bigger and better results soon. The trick is to stick with it; perseverance and patience will eventually pay-off and you'll have an active community.

It looks like you still haven't found someone to make you a logo? Have you considered paying real cash and getting one professionally made? If I'm not too busy tomorrow I'll have a go for you maybe, although I'm far from a professional (still, something that doesn't have copyright issues would be an improvement).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

hey thanks that's so kind of you, I cant believe you came back to check how the forum is doing. Someone here on BAF sent pm asking for 600 BAF, He said he will do the logo, if you could do i would love to pay you that instead since you have been there from the start. Thanks once again Jay

5. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The design is quite good, but I'm afraid there may be some legal problems concerning your logo ;) Now you can focus on attracting new users to join it.

6. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks kenzo, logo ye i'm asking people here to do logo for me, as for members Im strugling big time. I dont know how to get this moving it seems like it wont work.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Starting a new forum is extremely difficult, visitors are reluctant to join a new forum because it doesn't have content or activity. That's why it is helpful to initially focus your forum on something very specific. You need some activity on your forum to attract members. Perhaps you could do post exchanges with other forum owners?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Fergal I agree with less content, i have exchanges on forumpromotion site with other members and also took cash for posts on that forum also but it seems as people check content and goes never shows up again. I mean the guests they don't seem to want to sign up.
    I was told by someone on this forum itself that you might get people to check answers to their tech question and once they have the answer they wont show up again. That's mainly something that's bothering me a lot.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That will happen and it happens on all forums. Obviously it would be great if everyone who joined and posted a question, stayed and became an active member, but unfortunately that is not the way forums work. Some members will stay and become active, others will visit, never to return again.

10. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like the design of the forum. It's nice and clean with a Windows Logo. I think the members on your forum is increasing as you said 100 members, now it is 115+ members now. It would have been good if you had used a better icon over a forum link in your home page instead of document style icon. The forum is really nice.

How long has it been since you started this forum? And could you tell me the meaning of your domain name Xquizit?

11. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I started the forum just over a month, and yes the icon does look bad will replace them with something more tech related. And you asked for the meaning of Xquzit.. basically i tried to style the word Exquisite.. /// thanks for the review and nice words.

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem Scarface_007. Just Keep up the good work and I am always ready to help you in any way.

Thank you.

13. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for that, I would appreciate if you wouldn't mind signing up and even one post there would mean a lot to me thanks.

14. MrJohn

MrJohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I would be careful using the XP logo like that in your logo. You may get in trouble with copyright infringement or whatever. Also, the logo and theme in general don't look very appealing to me. I would change them to something else.

15. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks John for review, I'm looking for new logo as for theme i feel its ok for the tech related forum.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Just quick question, if i change the icons on home page would it look better? or its ok to stick with whats there already?

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The icons look fine on the site, however adding a bit of colour to them could probably brighten up your index page and make your site appear stronger.

17. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Former BAF Tech Admn
    Premium Member

I just registered at your forum, Scarface. I can't guarantee lots of participation, but will drop in when I can to help build it up for you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hey Cbi thanks that means a lot sir thank you for your help.

19. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Scarface, I think it might be a good idea to run a small competition or new idea of some kind. You don't even necessarily need to give away a cash prize, but people need some kind of incentive to get them posting. The forum is doing OK but it's not really offering people something unique that they can't get elsewhere.

I'll try to be a little more active myself in the next few days, but I'll also have a think of some ideas to get people posting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jay what can we offer if not cash some kind of software's? and I agree forum is not offering much If it was promotion type forum then we could've played about with it more but since its tech its hard to be honest.