Ordering Employee Apparel Questions

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Joe_Ramirez, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Joe_Ramirez

Joe_Ramirez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work for a company called A&R Screening.

We are working on a new product/process to help businesses purchase apparel for their employees. Our new solution is meant to streamline the ordering process.

Not including pricing...

What's your single most important question about ordering apparel for your employees?

Why would it make a difference in your life to get a good answer for this problem or find a solution you need?

How difficult has it been for you to find a good answer for the above?

Thanks in advance.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

1. Single biggest question is: what size.
    2. It's not a problem.
    3. Not difficult at all.

3. Joe_Ramirez

Joe_Ramirez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I appreciate the feedback. I'm looking more at issues between a company and a print shop, the ordering process, not necessarily between the company and their employees.

If you were to order apparel for your employees you would likely ask everyone what their size is? Would that be a bigger issue if you had say, 50-100 plus employees? Would you be ordering extra for the possibility of new employees? When you order apparel, is it usually just a tee or do you look for other styles like polos, hoodies, etc?

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

If you were to order apparel for your employees you would likely ask everyone what their size is?
    Yes - how else will you know what they need?
    Would that be a bigger issue if you had say, 50-100 plus employees?
    No - It takes very little time to get all the info. Last time I did this I had everything I needed in a couple of hours.
    Would you be ordering extra for the possibility of new employees?
    Depends on the size of the company. We did but a small company may not.
    When you order apparel, is it usually just a tee or do you look for other styles like polos, hoodies, etc?
    It depends on the business and role of the employee. We had overalls in the factory/warehouse and polos for admin staff.

I think you are looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

5. Joe_Ramirez

Joe_Ramirez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your feedback.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I realize this is two questions, no one, but the most important things to me would be the quality of the apparel and the speed at which orders can be fulfilled. In addition to my freelance business as a marketing consultant, I work full time in a business where wearing a uniform is mandatory, so having all parts of the uniform available quickly would be a priority. Also, most positions in this company require working in a variety of environments, so the uniform must be durable enough to last in a variety of conditions. Should they need to be replaced, the availability of the replacement is also a consideration.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Joe_Ramirez

Joe_Ramirez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the feed back.

So if there was a place where you would be able to go online an order a new polo or t-shirt with the companies logo on it, that would be a useful tool? And if this "mini online store" had a variety of styles to choose from, as well as a variety of brands with different quality levels that would also be valuable?

Are companies more likely to want vouchers so that their employees can order, reimburse their employees after they order, or get billed directly when an order is placed?

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

We just used to email the supplier with the weekly/monthly order and they delivered within a couple of days. The company was invoiced and the finance department paid the bill. It wasn't complicated.

There are plenty of suppliers in the UK who have online ordering. We have just placed an order for some polo shirts for our car club. Once we found a supplier we liked and trusted the ordering process took about 20 minutes.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I were running a business, I would not order from a "mini online store". I would want a professionally run company that could provide the quantities needed as quickly as possible. Thee would be no point in having different quality levels as I would want the best quality available. Different styles and different materials, however, could be a consideration.
    Most companies would want their orders placed through a main or regional office, rather than having the employees order apparel themselves. A brand, however, could offer promotional items, which could be ordered individually by people who purchase/use the brand.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

And there are thousands of online stores who can make you branded promotional items. If I wanted mugs I wouldn't order them from an apparel company.