Optimize page loading speed for website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by quanlacgia, Sep 5, 2019.

1. quanlacgia

quanlacgia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My website is a sales site, it is currently working fine. I want to optimize page speed for my site. Currently I am using Wordpress source code, can anyone help me?
    This is my website: https://xhome.vn/sp/sofa-go-hien-dai/
    Thank you

#1 quanlacgia, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which type of help you have required? We are here to help you.

4. Aleena588

Aleena588
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi!
    Can anyone help me in fixing the speed and optimization issues in my website: https://logkyakaheingay.com.
    I have used the PageInsight Tool. But cannot fix the problems identified. Any sort of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

5. Lewis Scott

Lewis Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use resources like GTMetrix to find out what's wrong with your site. With a technical background you can even sort them out by the guidance this website gives you.
    However, if you're non technical, it'll be good to hire a developer who can do it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amy Nguyen

Amy Nguyen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can reduce the size of the photos which you use on your size

• Like Like x 1
  7. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tp get a good amount of traffic you need to io optimize your website load time. Many tools offer the facility to find our your website speed score according to their web research. You need to work on different points mentioned in their listing. Solve each and every point which is mentioned in the red color text and make your website faster.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Website traffic isn’t dependent on site speed. Conversions may suffer but that’s not the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you are not aware that Website speed is one of the major ranking factor and without ranking you can't get traffic. Moreover, if your website is slow, you can't get more visitors as most of the visitors will be bounced and very less will reach your website.

Conversion is a very different thing as it comes after visitors visit your website.

So website speed directly affects your number of visitors, ranking and ultimately conversions.

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It's not a major ranking factor. Your content is by far the most important ranking factor. A slow site can rank well if authoritative and trustworthy with all the right citations.

Furthermore, not all traffic comes from the search engines. A report last year suggested only 20% of all traffic comes from search the engines.

Bounce is something very different.

11. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce is not different if you care about conversion, you must care about the bounce rate. The bounce rate directly affects the Conversion and the bounce rate is directly affected by the site speed. So, ultimately site speed affects the conversion

Check this link https://mangools.com/blog/on-page-seo/ which says "Things such as HTTPS or page speed are confirmed ranking factors. It means Google uses them directly in their ranking algorithm."

Also, check https://www.business2community.com/seo/5-google-ranking-factors-that-really-matter-02274571 for 5 Google Ranking factors that really matter. So, you should not say that it's not a ranking factor. It's one of the important ranking factors actually.

Yes, not all traffic comes from search engines. But it's not only 20% as per your argument. Check this link that says that apart from all traffic 76% traffic comes from search engines while 24% comes from other sources. here is a link for the source of article: https://searchengineland.com/organi...r-53-of-all-site-traffic-paid-15-study-322298

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You can have very high bounce and still convert. Bounce is where they land on the site, take no further action and then return to the search engine. But this can only be measured if people allow tracking. Many browsers now block tracking by default and people install blockers.
    I didn't say it's not a ranking factor. I just said it's not a major ranking factor. I've run tests and slow loading pages still rank well. Google is looking for how fast you get content on the page, not how fast the whole page loads.
    Read the article carefully. It's closer to 53% organic and 15% paid the sites in the survey. But there are many more types of business many of whom don't rely on the search engines. In my case less than 10% of my visitors come from search. most of my converting leads come from other sources.

Look at this: https://www.similarweb.com/website/nike.com. Less than 50% of all traffic to Nike was from search
    Or this: https://www.similarweb.com/website/amazon.com. 28% of traffic to Amazon was from search

Lets suppose you run an email campaign to drum up new business. You could get some great leads and a ton of traffic - none of which will come from a search engines.

Or suppose you get 90% of your visitors from search but all the leads come from the other 10%.

You have to use your analytics to understand how to optimise your website.

13. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can we give an example of Nike or Amazon? They are all established brands. We are talking about average websites. Do you know that Google gets 99.99% traffic from direct sources? It doesn't need any search engine to get traffic.

None of the business has 20% search engine traffic as your statement. The lowest search engine traffic is from "Media & Entertainment" and that's too around 60% (59.2%). So, I don't need to argue here. If you still want to, you can. But I suspect anyone would have an answer for it.

Wow, you are too much optimistic about the other 10% of that traffic. That means people are a fool who do SEO to rank and get traffic from Search Engines. You are a very good defender of your saying. You just want to prove your arguments right. I can't handle this now as you don't want to see the truth and just want to prove your opinions true by any mean. Sorry, pen down from my side.

14. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

All I’m (and all I ever say) is there is no single way of doing things. Every case will be different as what works for one business may not work for others.

I don’t want to be proven right, I just want to point out alternatives. I’ve been doing SEO since before Google was a thing. I do a lot of testing and know what works. It’s why me and my clients have never once been penalised.

15. Antony Michaels

Antony Michaels
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And you can also see recommendations in Google Search Console.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sarbjit Grewal

Sarbjit Grewal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you can reduce the page loading time of your website by having the compressed media and using the small size of the images and videos.