Need your advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Kalmat, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Kalmat

Kalmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

I have just finished settingup my marketing managment company, and need some advice from the expects

Ill be focusing on b2b marketing as ill be targeting my contacts and connections to market a certain products and services for the company that will hire me.

My question: is it "Marketing" if i adviced and convinced one of my leads or who ill be targeting personaly to deal with the company that hired me for marketing services ? Or is it called "business broker" ?

My 2nd question is theres a company that choose me to do marketing for them and asked to pay me a monthly % from the profit theyll make from the company that ill bring to them, is it ok to be paid a monthly % ? If so, how can i invoice that ?

Thankyou sow much for reading

2. Lauren Proctor

Lauren Proctor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure I understand your questions, but I'll take a shot at it and you can let me know if this doesn't help.

1. Do I understand correctly that you will get a contract with a company who needs marketing and then have another person (or group of people) actually do the work? If this is the case, I would either label myself as sales or business development for a marketing consortium (or group of experts). If you're providing the actual services then I would say you are a marketing consultant.

2. If you're willing to work on a percentage of profit then you have to be able to prove the revenues attributed to your efforts.
      • If you're doing word of mouth or print marketing, the best way to do this is to give them some kind of reference code that's incentivized by a discount. (If you don't give them some kind of incentive then they are likely to forget and you won't make all the money you deserve.)
      • If you are working in digital, you can use analytics in tandem either with ecommerce goals or some kind of CRM that tracks in person sales to track the money you earn the company. For example, if you run ads or earn press for the company, you can use UTM tracking to attribute those particular actions to leads and/or direct revenue.
    Hope that's helpful and good luck to you starting out.

3. Kalmat

Kalmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to thank you for taking the time and answering my question,

In point no.1 i meant that i connect the company that hired directly to the buyer who i know personaly, not marketing them generaly, becouse a broker does the same thing i think,

2. Should i prepare my own contract and fees or i go with my client contract better ?

Thankyou sir

4. Lauren Proctor

Lauren Proctor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Ah, I think I see what you are saying. Yes, you could definitely call this a broker. Or in the digital world, we often call this an affiliate model (where you are the affiliate if you refer someone to a product that's purchased by someone else).

2. I don't know enough about your business to make this conclusion, but I would remove myself of any responsibility for the final product or delivery.

I might look into creating agreements with the company that provides the product or service before you actually make the connection. This might look like the following, "For every client I refer to you, you'll give me 15% of the initial sale price within 30 days of the client's start date" (or whatever the case might be).

Then when you make the connection the company who profits pays you and everybody wins.

5. Kalmat

Kalmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But my license is under marketing managment and public relations activity, how can i put this kind of service under the title of marketing without the need of changing my license to commertial broker ? Is there any way to call it a marketing business by any form like puting the contract under "offline" affiliate marketing or referral marketing ?

Thanks alot

#5 Kalmat, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What license?

Never known anyone need a license to practice marketing.

7. Kalmat

Kalmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can i employ if i didnt register and get a license for my comp?!

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I’ve got a company, there is nothing in the registration process that restricts what I can do.

I can do marketing, be a broker, a consultant, advisor, sell online, do dog walking and anything else. No need for a license.

9. Kalmat

Kalmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ita different here in dubau

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

In that case you need to ask the question in Dubai.

There are very few active members from Dubai in this forum.

11. KathyKSheffield

KathyKSheffield
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Which type of business do you want to start?

12. kylojoe10

kylojoe10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

See, first of all, you have to keep in mind that to run any business, you should know about that field only then get down to that work. Now when a company hires you to handle clients, it is not called a broker as it is not your commission. Yes, if you keep a% of your commission in it, then it will come under a broker. The second thing is that when you benefit the company, then whatever the company gives you from it, it will not be called a brokerage. If he is giving you his own happiness then there is no brokerage in this.

13. Kalmat

Kalmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thankyou, shall i make a referral marketing contract with my clients, a % or a sucess fee is given to me once i promote b2b or whatever? My aim is to promote and connect people, i do have many contacts, and wants to do it in a marketing way but instead of promoting to public, i go directly to who am sure will be interested with what am promoting, and its close enough to be either brokarge or a referral marketing lol

#13 Kalmat, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  14. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some states in US have business license and the license for the marketing and other operations. So you should definitely discuss this with lawyer.

15. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

He is in Dubai.

16. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Still possible that he may need license for things. for example banking in islam is different, they can'd do forex trading like normal people. they too have different rules religiously, google it and you will find "islam approved forex". so other business too are likely to have local license rules.

17. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

He already has a license:

18. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you please give any example about what you are thinking? Because most of the time third party company have their own terms and conditions which is not according to you.

19. Kalmat

Kalmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

not looking to do marktig over the net. but by promoting a clients product by the word of mouth. contacting specific customers and helping the trade goes smoothly.

20. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You really need to speak to the people who issued your license. They are the only ones who can advise on what you can and can't do. The rules in Dubai don't apply anywhere else in the world.