Need Advice on Business Networking

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by DZiegler, Dec 21, 2017.

1. DZiegler

DZiegler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello. Yes, I'm new.

I am trying to grow my software design business. Being a techie, I have a lot of technical contacts; but I would like to increase my business/potential customer contacts. (Note: the software is for small to medium sized businesses in any industry.) Any advice on the types of business networking groups that are productive? Also, are there any I should avoid? (Location desired: USA.)

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karl fernandes

Karl fernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are few tips for successful business networking
    1)Keep in mind that network is about being genuine
    2)You need to ask yourself what are your goals to meet network requirements
    3)You need to visit as many groups as possible
    4)Hold volunteer positions in organizations

• Like Like x 2
  3. ruksar sheikh

ruksar sheikh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey there
    Networking is the most crucial part of any business and sooner people realize it the better.

there are tons of networking opportunities. Since you are a B2B and you want to target SMBs you should focus on solving the problems already faced by the SMBs.
    When your software solves an existing problem of businesses you get clients like bees to the honey.
    Now, you can start investing times to go to meetups, seminars , schedule webinars and build a community where you can showcase the achievements of your software. This is all you have to do in a nutshell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look up "Meetups" in your town or city, or maybe your local trade and commerse have meetings or your local Business Advice Service may have local meeting
    Best wishes

5. Vitaly Ivanov

Vitaly Ivanov
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media platforms have groups relative to your field. Specifically you can target Linked In or for smaller operations Facebook. I for example, physically visited the businesses in my area introducing my self. Tedious task, sure, but I have secured clients doing that.

6. Ali Imam

Ali Imam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, the software industry is a very competitive market, and if your product is not new i.e if your product is already provided by other individual/ organization. Well, then buckle up, as you have a long way to go. I totally agree with Ruksar, if you want to do business in B2B, you have to get out and meet people/ organization. Interact in forums, social media, Reach out to people who write/talks about your product category. If you can get your product mentioned by them, it could help you a great deal. All the best.

7. Simon_G

Simon_G
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do yourself a favour, niche down. All SME's is not a niche, unfortunately.

Target a specific sector and even a specific trade within that sector. Market the software to them only, become the best service for that sector. Make your product the go to software for that sector. When you have this, you can then branch out into other sectors, with testimonials from other businesses, who will also recommend your software to others in other sectors.

If you try and market to everyone, you won't get the same effect.

Start small, then scale.

8. pbc95

pbc95
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have participated in business breakfasts organised by BNI. You can easily build your network there.

9. Freelancingservices

Freelancingservices
    uix_expand uix_collapse

THE NEED FOR OUTSOURCING VIRTUAL SERVICES

Business trends today are accelerating like the advancement of technology has its faster rate. Keeping up with the right trends really matters in order to retain on top of customers, continue to grow the businesses and have high quality of work with less time and less money involve. The significant reason to the need for outsourcing virtual services is the massive cost reduction like reducing burden of managing large workforce and extending various company benefits.

10. Austin Sparrow

Austin Sparrow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that networking is pretty important. As long as your service is genuine then you should be fine.

11. John G. Anai

John G. Anai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is the best platform now a days for your business. LinkedIn is the popular medium to build genuine business networking. If your service is good, then automatically your networking will build easily.

12. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every business needs a set of clearly defined goals. Having a strategic plan in place for growth, one that acts as a roadmap to success is crucial. It’s not always easy to draw up but it’s the best way to keep everyone on track and pulling in the direction. When a business starts to scale, it can run into some challenges along the way. One of these is maintaining a good level of customer support. As your business gets bigger, it gets harder to ensure that everything is above the board and every employee feels prepared.