Mobile App Development Partner

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by Nizam Ali, Feb 11, 2020.

?

Which App is Better?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2020.
  1. Mobile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Web

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nizam Ali

Nizam Ali
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the steps to hire a mobile application development company?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Research, research and more research.

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Research is very important and it depends on you which factors you consider before choosing an IT company.

4. bookfocal

bookfocal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Nizam, I have a lot of experience partnering with software developers, as well as contracting developers. I have developed mobile applications as well as web applications and am the founder of a SaaS company in Canada. Here are a couple tidbits of advice:
    1. Define the project scope of work
    - This is probably the first place that most software projects go wrong because if you don't have the blueprint 100% defined to every little detail, you probably won't get what you expect from your developer. What I mean if you need to have extremely detailed wireframes, user stories and feature lists for your developer. If they have to make any decisions on their own about design or user flow, it probably won't be aligned with what you want.
    2. Keep it as simple as possible.
    - I highly highly recommend that whatever you're building, you keep it as simple as possible. You have probably heard of MVP and I cannot stress enough how much you need to adhere to only building a minimum viable product. You probably have some grand ideas about the software you want to build, but try your best to simplify it down to the bare minimum that will provide the key value to your customer.
    3. Do it without software
    - My last bit of advice is that it might be worth it to try and test your idea without building any software. Maybe see if there is a way that you can test your idea doing something manually. Or just putting up an easy static website. If you can prove that your idea is solving a real problem without using any software first, then it will save you from potentially building something that customers don't want!

If you have further questions, I am happy to help.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Adam Smith

Adam Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Nizim, I hope you're well? I would recommend research on the agency you;re looking to work with. You want to find out things such as

- How many clients are they working with at a time?
    - How responsive they are
    - Type of agency e.g. do they work with startups or big brands as this should let you know there might be a longer build time and maybe higher cost

These are just some points for you to consider.

• Agree Agree x 1