Marketing small business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Sarah Kelly, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Scarlett

Scarlett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I agree with all the points you have mentioned and yes, there may be more additions to the points. However, when you say that companies need not spend a dime for these marketing strategies, I would just add one point. To implement these strategies, you need an SEO or digital marketing expert and also a brilliant content developer, and the company needs to hire the required resources. You cannot expect a business owner to be well-versed in all of the mentioned points.

Just something that I felt.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It depends a lot on the business. A local window-cleaner may well get away with just a van and some business cards. A local butcher may get all his trade from referrals.

I sell plugins. I don't do any marketing at all. I publish the plugins on the WP repository and run a support site. That's it, nothing more. This is enough to bring me a lot of highly targeted clients.

3. Hanna Grey

Hanna Grey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you so much for your tips I am currently taking free courses on Search Engine Optimization

#23 Hanna Grey, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
  4. Hanna Grey

Hanna Grey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love these tips here since I am a small online business owner, so far the best one for me is to build your SEO this will bring growth to your traffic.

#24 Hanna Grey, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020
  5. Hanna Grey

Hanna Grey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your advice I feel like I am running out of options on how to advertise my small business of drywall repair surrey. I am already doing SEO and upon reading your blog I think blogging would be the next thing to try.

#25 Hanna Grey, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2020
  6. Hanna Grey

Hanna Grey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with all your points and that was a very nice way to put it all together, I am sure this would help a lot of business owners just like me.

7. juydelapena

juydelapena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice post! I agree with all your points. I think one of the most important things in online marketing is having your site or account search engine optimized and this is mostly neglected by beginners.

8. Arlyn Aniag

Arlyn Aniag
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It all make sense and realistic if you will gonna apply it in the real and actual case. Since our generation are more advance and technical, And marketing is almost promoting and thinking strategies and ideas to hook and persuade those potential customers. Even a small business marketing needed such unique and digital inputs. Its really iinteresting one post my friend

9. Sanjiv

Sanjiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are absolutely right that a business need above things to get broad exposure and establish as a Brand.
    These all are continuous process which takes time to give you a result.
    Apart from above activities one more crucial things that you have missed is Business review.
    Now a days a positive business review is a major thing that if you want to get a lead because a bad review can result with loss of potential customer of your business.
    So never forget about review management.

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No they don't. When I buy screws online I don't care about the brand. And if you are a local builder you don't need broad exposure.

11. Sanjiv

Sanjiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, you are right there is no need to go through review while buying screws either online or offline.