List of Social Bookmarking Sites

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Footzilla, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends om how you share the link. If you just promote your business, it probably would not be considered a quality link. But, if you provide helpful information and include a link to your website, then they share your post with their friends, and they share with their friends, and so on, even if it doesn't help your SEO, you could gain more traffic. Remember this - If you are doing it primarily for SEO purposes, don't do it. If you are doing it to because the reader would want to read it, and it just happens to help your SEO (or because it looks that way), go for it.

2. nancydo

nancydo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think Social Bookmarking is helpful in SEO?

Nowadays, social bookmarking has become a powerful tool for SEO experts for its unique features as following:

The first feature lies at bookmark share which not only enables the marked link to be public to everyone but brings a respectable number of visitors back to your site as well.

Another thing I found highly interesting in Social Bookmarking is its interconnection. For example, when you share any link in a social bookmarking like Digg, it will immediately be connected to your friends via other social accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, etc. Obviously, only one click can make your link available in multiple social networks, pushing the connection value many times up.

The more bookmarks a link gets, the better value. Also it is a signal for search engines to pay special attention to your site, then improving its rank in Google.

Here is the list of top 50 social bookmark networks in the world:

• Slashdot.org

• Digg.com

• Technorati.com

• delicious.com

• Reddit.com

• Tagza.com

• Fark.com

• Newsvine.com

• swik.net

• Connotea.org

• Links Marker

• Sphinn.com

• Blinklist.com

• Faves.com

• Mister-wong.com

• Spurl.net

• Netvouz.com

• Diigo.com

• Backflip.com

• Bibsonomy.org

• Folkd.com

• Linkagogo.com

• Indianpad.com

• Plugim.com

• Myjeeves.ask.com

• Buddy Marks

• Connectedy

• MyLinkVault

• Tip’d (Financial)

• Google Bookmarks

• Jumptags.com

• Fetch

• OYAX

• A1 Webmarks

• Bookmark Tracker

• myVmarks

• Mixx.com

• Wirefan.com

• Boomarking.com

• SmakNews (Women)

• Dizzed

• Symbaloo

• Ximmy

• Karmalynx.com

• iZeby

• Erollover

• YuppMarks

• Health Ranker

• Ka-Boom-It.com

3. AmableDawn

AmableDawn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends, i am Amable.If you want a great list of social bookmarking sites then you can get it from websitesforseo.blogspot.in

4. jobair121

jobair121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Does anyone here get actual traffic from many of these bookmarking sites? I've posted to a few over the years and it seems that unless you have a really interesting article that gets a lot of "likes" or whatever the particular bookmarking site calls their votes, no one but you ever sees it. I have to imagine that with all the junk on most of these sites that Google puts little or no value in the links from them, even if the links are not nofollow'ed.

6. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly Facebook is King for the average person client

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the reason why I hate posts/thread starters that are nothing more than a list of websites, or replies that simply include a link with the notation "here's another one", or similar statement. Most of them are nothing more than junk (both the sites and the posts), and/or sites that no one ever heard of, and, as you pointed out, they have little or no value to Google. It would be much more helpful to recommend a few that the member has used, and tell us about their experience, and tell us why they decided to use/recommend it.

Are you replying to Business Attorney's post? What is it about Facebook that makes it King for the average client? I can see why it would be King for a person, as several members use it to keep in touch with friends and family, but what makes it King for a business? Is better for B2C or B2B, and why? What has been your personal experience with it? Your statement needs more detail to make it more helpful.

8. Cloudc.me

Cloudc.me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is the best among all, they are new and growing. You can also check Groupon, though varied pupose it is also bookmarking on the map.

9. jobair121

jobair121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. X4B

X4B
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice, those are many sites, hope someone can compile on first post.

11. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great list Nazreen and Footzilla. I use most of these social bookmarking sites and they are indeed helpful. Thumbs up for the post and share. :D