Link in Body or Bio?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by alastairbrian, Jul 18, 2017.

1. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a guest blogging website where I allow guest posts to be published.

Please let me know that either it is better to give backlink to the guest bloggers in;
    1. author bio
    2. body of post

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A post in a blog is likely to have both, but they would included by the author, not given by you.. Of course, too many links in the body of the post would be keyword stuffing, and should be rejected anyway. The link in the author bio would be a given, and the text of the link would most likely be the URL of the author's website or business name, but not both. The quality and accuracy of the blog post should be your first consideration, and if it includes a few links, it doesn't matter.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Jessica Thomson

Jessica Thomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try your best to get back link from the guest post inside the body as compared to author bio link.

According to Google updates, it is better to get a link in the body but it should be natural and go back to a relevant page /website. It should not be only for links purpose only.

Here is an article from where you can get more information that why Search engine like google prefers to link inside the body :
    https://www.kunocreative.com/blog/b...-Links-in-the-Copy-vs-Links-in-the-Author-Box

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the guest post is for the purpose of growing the author's network, it's a good idea to have them include a link to their social media profile or website within the author bio section. If it's a promotional link that's related to the subject being discussed in the article, wouldn't that qualify as a sponsored post rather than a guest post?

5. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer to have a link in the body of post. It looks natural and goes with the flow. At the body we can mention the name, designation along with the website URL.

6. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It all depends if it's a sponsored post or guest post. But, I believe author bio would be your best bet!

7. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think author bio field at the bottom can be good enough. But at the end of the article is another good way. I don't chase dofollow and nofollow much. I am more interested in traffic. So using it at the top of the article or the bottom is good enough for the traffic for me.

8. Shant Nalbandian

Shant Nalbandian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

{Like @jessica said that it is better to get a link in the body but it should be natural and go back to a relevant page /website. It should not be only for links purpose only. }

While posting a link in the body we should also follow the guidelines of the website where we are going to post the link.

9. Amara johnson

Amara johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Giving a link within the body is good. But it should be related to your niche and content related.

10. Vijay Lathiya

Vijay Lathiya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Contextual Link with niche related anchor is more powerful for SEO so my vote is for the "Link in the Body".

11. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it depends on the individual that is sponsoring guest post because if he is spending money. It might be him who suppose to decide where to place link and most of them would ask for body links.

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Makes no difference. Links in guest blog posts have virtually zero ranking influence. And the few blogs that do matter are very hard to join.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. robertdavid

robertdavid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my opinion you have to link in author Bio. But related to your niche

14. chrismorelo

chrismorelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that in the body of the post, but of course it should be related to your niche.

15. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

One of you must be wrong...