left with a business that I don't want after a family passing.

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by ARK91, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ARK91

ARK91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My father passed about 7 weeks ago now. He used to own a flower business and had 2 premises. Years ago i became a share holder owning 25% of the business which I agreed to as it was a family business but I didn't really understand what that meant which was very naive of me. Now my father has passed, my brother runs 1 premises and I am meant to be running the other premises.
    I am so out of my depth and don't really have any idea what I'm doing as my father used to do everything. I don't want the business but both premises are part of a limited company and my brother doesn't want to liquidate his premises. There is also the matter of paying staff off as there isn't loads of money in the business. I am unsure what I can do and I honestly don't know where to start in terms of getting the help I need and a way out legally.
    thanks

2. Cecilia

Cecilia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

why don't you look for people passionate about that kind of business, advertise it on popular forums or facebook groups , you would likely find someone who would like to partner or want to lease the business. its better to find someone passionate about something, also if you could get the managerial skills, it would help

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can make a partner of those company who is already doing same business, it will more helpful to you.