Is website speed an important ranking factor?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by michael84p, May 20, 2010.

1. Himanshu Kashyap

Himanshu Kashyap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes! It has recently been added as a factor affecting site rankings, but it is not that important. I can tell few things to increase your website speed because if your website takes too much time to load then the person visiting your website may get disappointed and leave the website without even seeing your full website.
    #1: Compress the size of images you are using.
    #2: Instead of uploading a video just upload it on Youtube and embed the link to your website.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Page speed was actually added as a ranking factor about 6 1/2 years ago. About six months ago, Google said they "hope to add mobile-specific page speed as a factor" when updating their mobile friendly algorithm. It makes sense to make sure your website loads quickly, as it improves the user experience. If it takes too long for your page to load, visitors will leave your website, and go somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  3. backlinkfy

backlinkfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, the faster your site the better. Search engine spiders love to crawl fast loading site and also who ever is clicking through to your page will want to get the information they need fast, so the faster your load times between 1-3 seconds - you will be rewarded with potential visitors to your site.

4. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website speed is important for ranking as well as user experience; these days, visitors tend to bounce away from sites which load too slow. You maybe losing potential customers if that happens. I will recommend getting a good local web-hosting company for your website and also depended where your targeted audiences are e.g. if they are in the U.S., please get a hosting company/server there.

5. alexmxorco

alexmxorco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being an SEO Expert and having in this field since 2010, I have faced many customers who got penalized their websites and couldn't figure out the issue, I always suggest everyone to use quality instead of quantity in SEO, Speed is now the important part to rank faster in search engines, I will recommend you to choose the best hosting company for your website that guarantee's the speed of website, I am using cloudways cloud based SEO hosting, because as much your website will load faster as much your website will be crawled and bot will never face issue in indexing.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I disagree, you could have a great hosting package but if it's in the wrong location or your site is poorly built it's still going to be slow.

And while site speed is a ranking signal it's not an important one (yet).

7. alexmxorco

alexmxorco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, that is another part, Like, page loading issues, size of tabs, compress all the images, and also having dataceneter withing location will effect local SEO, must test your website with Google site speed test tool and also Google responsive test tool, site should be load in 2 to 3 second and responsive also try to get AMP version to rank more faster on mobile search.

8. Biztechcs

Biztechcs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes website speed is of course an important ranking factor. The lesser the time spent on search session, the better. If the loading speed of your website is mediocre, you might have to experience high bounce rates.