Is marketing in Watsapp real hard ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by zyra kate, Jul 14, 2017.

1. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whatsapp is the only place where marketing has been very hard, a tough nut to crack. Has anybody come across anybody tried Watsapp marketing or come across any successful ones ?

#1 zyra kate, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. rosario1991

rosario1991
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't have better idea on Whatsapp. Rather you can try with Tumblr, Piterest and Instagram.

• Like Like x 1
  3. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen people creating broadcast group on a very small scale but still useful for marketing depends on how to gather all the people who have a same interest while creating the group no matter what mode of communication you are using. It is hard but it's difficult to find the audience and you need to do everything from the scratch in order to achieve your goal but not impossible, it takes time but still a good way of doing marketing for your business products and services.

• Like Like x 2
  4. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@rosario1991. Those social media networks have been high level targets to marketers recently they have been tapping these resources. Thank you for your valuable response.

5. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@muqtada123, Yes that's exactly how the marketers have started out to tap into Watsapp, also I would like to add that the new watsapp status doodle update has leveraged the marketers to dig deep.

6. Vinay P

Vinay P
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes now a days its really hard after they have implemented the block and report spam options. So when people get marketing messages from unknown numbers they will mark you as spam and then at certain complaints whatsapp will block your number.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Vinay P
    That's a great valuable point. Yes, the block and report spam options are given to fight spam. However, there was no way for you to tell WhatsApp whether you were blocking a number for personal reasons or because they were actually sending spam messages.

8. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@rosario1991 @muqtada123 @Vinay P

I found an interesting article of recently successful Whatsapp marketing campaign, when a team at HBO India and its agency FoxyMoron was looking to promote one of its biggest movie premieres – Suicide Squad on HBO,
    This was the first time Marketers have successfully plunged their way into Whatsapp after Facebook gave the multimedia status doodle update, which the marketer have leveraged. Check out the article - Suicide squad campaign on Whatsapp

9. sin123

sin123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Whatsapp can be used for promotional messages, festival offers etc.
    • If its a small business in a location then whatsapp is useful for one to one marketing and customer support.
    • whatsapp bulk messaging can be used for large audience marketing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with you, I would also like to add that Whatsapp can't be used like other social media platforms for marketing, like those pop-up ads/featured ads. But Whatsapp marketing can be more personalized for users, which doesn't feel like advertising but it's more about PR building.

11. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never really found success promoting campaigns via whatsapp. My take is that whatsapp is only good if you are a community that is willing to help each other within the group and sharing valuable resources. If you are into providing services online then you can always send broadcast messages to your clients so they can keep up with the latest updates.

• Like Like x 1
  12. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like to add that the engagement from marketers should be personalized to people, like asking them ratings,feedback, suggestions, & everything that makes the customer feel important.
    For example, a hotel can ask for a feedback about their visit, like what was their favourite dish they had, asking them suggestions of what are the things they can improve on, also adding a dish that customer suggested on the menu.
    This creates public relations also, they may refer or give a word of mouth to their friends or family.

13. Utpal

Utpal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whatsapp is a very personal medium. You can create a group to promote your product or services but they must have known you before. May be you can not promote a completely new product with whatsapp. Or create a whatsapp support group?

• Like Like x 1
  14. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When doing marketing on whatsapp you can use images and little videos to spread about your brand. You can watermark these images and videos with your brand name. You can post famous quotes in these images and some little inspirational videos or funny videos if you think they some how relate to your brand. Hopefully this will allow more and more people to know about your brand in comparison with just simple text about your company/brand along with your website url.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Indesh Aryan

Indesh Aryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As Vinay P said, there are more chances to block for spamming while marketing. But you can need to create database only selective as well as interested people for that types of service or products. As well as you can run any contest, so you don't need to do anything, other people will do marketing at your place in sake of winning prize.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zyra kate

zyra kate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

17. Jeff Rodburg

Jeff Rodburg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• It's gonna be tough if you go international for a startup.
    • From what I see, brand awareness should be established with the users before you get to this -not like easily getting picked up with your usual hashtags.
    • It would be like a mailer that's more "instant" and has to be interactive (give it an interesting personality).
    If you already thought about those and seems doable, it won't be hard as you though it would be.

18. mikipatel

mikipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is an amazing platform to market on. However, I myself have never tried whatsapp for this purpose. I thought whatsapp was more for connecting with friends.

19. Charu494

Charu494
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, marketing using whatsapp is indeed a good idea but it will be only limited to your friends and family. I think facebook and twitter are the good platform for marketing.

20. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, Zyra! Since I just use Whatsapp like a messenger, instead I would suggest for you to focus your efforts on social media platforms or better yet you could also try email marketing.