Is it that important to decide the type of logo?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Lawrence Gerber, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Lawrence Gerber

Lawrence Gerber
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Designing a logo is easy, right? Think again. There is a lot involved in creating a brand's visual identity than playing with the colors and fonts, and calling it a day. The graphic designers are being so high in demand, for good reason of course. A logo is usually the first impression your prospect would have about your brand. Even children who cannot tie their own laces can identify many logos or can realize what a company offers just by viewing its brandmark. So have you thought about what sort of logo you want to have?

Emblem? Wordmark? Abstract mark? If these teams sound new to your ears, go consult your designer and ask about the types of logo designs. You can also search online. Determine the logo type you want for your logo. If you are not so sure about the format, feel free to propose some formats that you think can fit your brand message well. Your designer(s) should be capable enough to create couple different concepts to help you get a better idea of what you are looking for. I think it is really important to decide about the type of your logo before you start the project. Or else, you might end up in a rigmarole about logo concepts.

Every designer has a unique style therefore before getting your logo project started, make sure to check the portfolio before hiring a designer so that you can get a better understanding as to whether the candidate’s style fits what you are looking for or not!

Have you designed a professional logo design for your firm? If so, what tips and tricks can you provide to other people so that they can have a good logo too? Tell us here. Thanks

#1 Lawrence Gerber, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great point, Lawrence. For me, a logo is the first thing that a prospect would first see, that's why this first impression matters. It represents your brand, so it's important that you go with a logo that represents you.

#2 Brooke Harper, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  3. Srialto

Srialto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good question Lawrence, deciding the Logo type is very important because Logo is a visual foundation of an organization image. Your organization's personality is outwardly communicated through its logo, which, along your organization's name, is one of the fundamental things that makes your business critical. Like- eBay, Google and Yahoo

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ParisJaris

ParisJaris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the first impression is the most important and since the logo would be the first thing your prospect might see, it's should be stuck in their minds once they see it

5. CouponZeta

CouponZeta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never compromise with the logo design as it is the first and foremost thing which represents your thought, in spite of that logo is not just what you want to tell about a brand or a site, it is the indirect representation of your product which could be the feature of your brand. Coming to me, I always go with our site requirement but nowadays Flat logos are getting popular so I am interested in using the same type of logo designs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alex james

Alex james
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it's 50/50. You need a good looking attractive logo is true. because the impression is very important. but also what ever the service or product which you present must be high quality as will everyone love to have which remarkable. in that case your logo will do a great job it self! Do not change the logo after you started the business. because its also part of the trust.

7. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you, people should take the advice from the web designers at the time of logo creation because logo represents your brand. There is one important thing which most of business owners forget to tell their "vision" of the business from the web designer at the time of logo creation that's why designers assume the about business and create the logo accordingly. This is my opinion your vision needs to be clear with everyone who works with you for success in the market.

8. creativeDesigner

creativeDesigner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

“What makes you unique, makes you successful!”

Unique impression of your brand is the Key!

And totally agreed that the owners must give as much inputs possible about there product to get the best and creative logo design !

#8 creativeDesigner, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2020