Is earning money is the goal of your life?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Aarti, Nov 22, 2018.

1. PatrickM

PatrickM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Making money is a result. The result of providing people with something that they want and are prepared to pay for ... even though in some cases it may be something that's not in their best interest!

So the more value you add satisfying wants the more money you'll make.

Having a goal of making money and then trying to find something that meets this goal seems to be the wrong way of going about it.

2. cutthecheck

cutthecheck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Patrick,

Sounds great but can you share if you are financially successful and in what industry? I just want to take advice from people who actually have the results as well. Thx!

3. PatrickM

PatrickM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is quite an interesting (I originally wrote weird) question. What is "financially successful" and how do you define an "industry "?

I come from South Arica where there is no meaningful state-provided social security or medical support. The money you save is the money you have!

I have worked in many industries from textiles (18-year corporate career) to various other industries with companies which I've set up or bought into. Since leaving the corporate world my vision has been to live in the moment and find interesting challenges where I can add value - always wanting to be a contribution debtor.

In the past, I've taken year-long sabbaticals to pursue different projects. For the last 2 years, I have not earned any money and travelled around the world ... building a website to document our travels.

I do not own a house, any other household stuff or motor car and I have no debt. I'm not wealthy but want for very little ... at present housesitting on a farm in the UK. Next week heading back to South Africa to work on some business rescue projects.

I'm a "nevertiree" still working to build value. Thinking back I've never been driven to make money!

4. E-better Package

E-better Package
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, we can not live without money, and for common people, like me, It is my goal to raise my baby and start my new business in future.

5. Fugueman

Fugueman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that is not everything in life but if you need to have a vision and to give you fruit, we often frustrate our goals because of lack of money. I think you need to ask yourself how you want to see what your goal is, and if in what you visualize you know that a little money is needed then work on it.

6. NihaoGrowth

NihaoGrowth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money is not the goal but is the cornerstone for goals. Most of the time, goals only get achieved with help from money.

7. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it is the only goal as of now. Because I have had my shares of ups and downs and I want to taste the success damn badly. That's what the end goal is now.

8. PatrickM

PatrickM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that "free" is an illusion - nothing governments provide are "free" - someone somewhere will be paying. In the UK for these you pay with long delays, degraded facilities, high government debt, etc, etc ... there is a cost!

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What delays? Facilities here are excellent and all governments have debts.

10. PatrickM

PatrickM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree! Money is a means of achieving one's goals and not a goal in itself.

11. PatrickM

PatrickM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suppose "delays" and "excellent" are relative terms. "Facilities" are also undefined.

And just because all governments have debts does that make it a good system? We know that there are good and bad reasons for debts. Unfortunately many of the debts being generated today by governments fall in the bad category ... and like all debts someone will have to pay, somehow and some time!

12. anubhav

anubhav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money is important in our life to survive and achieve goal. But not that much, you earn money lots but not to spend for your needs it only waste.

13. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No idea what it means. If one has enough money, they don't struggle and there is no such things as enough money and wasted money. One needs to earn to avoid being in the hustle and struggle mode. Anyone who says money is not everything had never worked in mcdonalds or other low wage jobs.

14. anubhav

anubhav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to say that "If you don't use your money in time( as your needs, or eating food, purchase clothes, what the use of money? Its only wastes.
    Money earning is good for your trouble time and struggle. Those who get easily and they were already rich. They don't know the importance of money.

15. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly. People who say money is not everything have no idea about hospital bills and old age living cost. It increases per year.

16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What hospital bills? Cost here in the UK is zero. Old age living costs are subsidised by the government, if you have no income them your costs are zero.

17. MaxFor

MaxFor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I think yeah, cuz everything u should buy u know.. every thing!

18. MaxFor

MaxFor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I think so, cuz money give u new opportunities.

19. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Why? Are material goods so important to your well-being?
    Like what?