Investing in Stocks - Is it Wise?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dipcliper, Nov 18, 2009.

1. MichaelFrayn

MichaelFrayn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a very good thing that now most are prefer to investing.........................

2. BuKu

BuKu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say it is risky...

3. Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry but I think your deal is a golden sparrow

4. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've recently gone the opposite route. For years, I've invested in stocks and mutual funds. The overall performances on my portfolios, as well as those of many others I know, have been very lack lustre over the years probably due to the recessions and poor economies we've experienced. I've decided to move half of my portfolio out of the equity markets altogether and invest in real estate. Unlike some other countries, real estate is still quite viable here in Canada. I'm projecting a 47% ROI just on my first year alone on two investment properties I just acquired. Tenants were already in place as well as property management. I really can't see the majority of stock or mutual fund portfolios out there getting anywhere near that type of ROI, especially when one hopes to have his/her investment portfolio as part of retirement security.

5. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For sure it is risky but investing in good stocks can be very beneficial. Choose a company that has good reputation and has had their stocks up most of the time.

6. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simple rule :

Don;t invest more than you can afford to lose

7. Russel18

Russel18
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stocks investment is just seems to be Gambling, risk rate is very high i don't think at all that its wise to invest in Stocks.

#27 Russel18, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  8. Scarlett Smith

Scarlett Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest to invest in the Stock market which is the best way to invest your money but yes every coin have two faces. In stock market there are so many people are investing their money and earning in a positive way but some may loose their money.
    If you invest your money in stock market, start research various available stocks in the market as well as you have to aware with the stock market news and research which you can get from some stock market news or you can take help of any broker for those provide proper assistance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #28 Scarlett Smith, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  9. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as the risks are calculated the investing into the stocks is wise. Otherwise it is a pain and loss for sure.

10. engagement123

engagement123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, but you better learn everything you can about investing in the stock before you enter it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scarlett Smith

Scarlett Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you and for @dipcliper you need to read ASX stock market news regularly and also read some good articles on stock also if you got any other problem you can take help by any stock market broker which you can find online.

12. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days I think bonds and the mutual funds seems to be doing good. I don't see much value in direct stock investment though.

13. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on your knowledge because if you have knowledge about basic of share market, Graph analysis etc.…then you can do but you should not depends on others because most of the companies provides free tips to attract you.

14. Gluome

Gluome
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For sure it is risky but wise investing in stocks can be very beneficial. In the stock market, many people are investing and earning but many of them lose a lot as well. Be wise and you will earn fortunes, but make a mistake and you will be done.

15. Brian_Ott

Brian_Ott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Given that the stock market and trading markets have been around for a long time and their worth is measured in the trillions and individual and institutional investors over time probably in the billions I'd say it sounds like a reasonable investment. </Sarcasm>
    Financial markets like stocks and bonds are sound ways to invest money, but like any other aspect of business must not be done haphazardly or without due diligence.

C'mon guys really. These are not truly business questions, nor are the replies usually advice. I am becoming disheartened with the quality of discourse on this forum. Let's all try to step up our game a bit and stop posting vacuous and inane questions and answers.