Importance of social media for business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Lovezkie Zevahc, Jul 2, 2019.

1. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

So does the telephone, email, chat.

2. Mamata

Mamata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reasons why social media is important for business:
    1. It drives targeted traffic
    2. Boosts site's SEO
    3. Builds a relationship with the audience
    4. Builds brand loyalty
    5. Get you more sales

3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No it doesn’t.

4. Aaron Harden

Aaron Harden
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your comment is kind of funny as Amazon is a huge social media site. If you want to read product reviews where do you go?....Amazon. What is more social than sharing opinions about fashion, technology, products etc.? Nothing. Amazon is ALL ABOUT social. Just my opinion.

5. Aaron Harden

Aaron Harden
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True that it does not directly do this however it can create additional web site flow and generate awareness for backlinks from other sites so in that sense it actually does impact SEO.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Except it doesn’t. There may be the odd site that gets a bit of a boost but for most their social media offerings don’t have any effect on ranking. This has been tested umpteen times by people far more experience than I.

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I disagree. Amazon is an ecommerce site that has reviews. That’s not the same as a social media site where people share stories and pictures.

You may use Amazon as a review site, I don’t. I use amazon to buy things and choose the seller based on the reviews of their service.

8. KathyKSheffield

KathyKSheffield
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is one of the strongest platform, that are helping businesses to grow robustly by giving an extraordinary exposure to all companies. It has made almost every thing easier like reaching audience, lower ROI etc.

9. kylojoe10

kylojoe10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is a source that helps in bringing a huge amount of traffic to your business. Without them, it is very difficult to spread your business far and wide. If you want to increase the popularity of your business in a short time, then you twitter. It can take the help of platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest.

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I’m sorry but this is just wrong.

Social media may help some businesses but many do ok without it. For example: Amazon, eBay, news aggregators, lawyers, airlines and so on.

And if your business is local you don’t want or need it spreading far and wide.

11. Oliver Franco

Oliver Franco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Talking about the importance of social media for any business rises up the value of a specialized business network where you can connect with like minded professionals and business representative and grow overnight in your niche.

12. Ritesh Patil

Ritesh Patil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is a very good platform for networking and through networking it becomes easier to connect with clients. Social media is also a good platform to showcase the product, you will also get an instant feed backs from your client which will be useful for your business

13. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You don't need social media for this. I'd also ague they are better ways to showcase products. For example, if you are looking for a table lamp google images is much better than FB.

14. Lewis Scott

Lewis Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media gives your business an exposure to your targeted audience. Build some credible reputation on social media by being quick to messages, sorting customer queries. You will gain followers by this practice and then use funneling technique to convert them into paying customers.

15. twinkle_

twinkle_
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media brings your business closer to your customers. And like what's mentioned above, it lets you connect on a more personal level. Whether we admit it or not, customers love being given attention by a business. Social media makes that possible. Who knows, the attention or response you give to someone on social media is the reason you get a loyal lifetime customer?;)

16. Shriti Singh

Shriti Singh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media is important for business because with the help of social media you can connect with your customer and increase sales but it also depends on your business that what products and services you are providing.

17. aritahou

aritahou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is an essential piece of your business marketing strategy. Social platforms help you connect with your customers, increase awareness about your brand, and boost your leads and sales. With more than three billion people around the world using social media every month, it's no passing trend.

18. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Depends on the business and your target customer.

The key things everyone misses is: it's not what you say about your business, its what everyone else says about your business. You can tweet a thousand times a day and get nothing in return unless people see your tweets. But if a popular person or organistion tweets once about your business you don't need to do anything else.

19. Dan Wan

Dan Wan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media helps you connect to your prospects online. When people take break from their work, the first thing they do is turn online. Imagine your product or service being listed on the front page. That's advertisement and hence social media is very important.

20. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

That makes no sense at all. If I look at my linkedin page I don't see a front page listing/advert. My FB newsfeed has adverts but not how you describe.