If you could only use 1 online method to make money, which would it be?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Diane Lane, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I were to use one thing to earn money online, it would definitely be earning through affiliate programs, such as Amazon Affiliates.

The thing about earning from a blog, is one of those things that isn't so definite. Most people think that if they setup something that they think is a great idea, even it is a great idea, they will not always get popular, and will not always get money rolling in from it. I don't think money is drying up, just more along the lines of too many people thinking that they will get the traffic they think they deserve, that would give them that money they think they will earn.

Otherwise know as doing nothing for something. I am a big advocate for working to earn. Most people don't realize how much work is needed, in order to earn successfully from a personal blog.

2. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i would use ppc, its targeted traffic and easy and you dont have to waste your time getting backlinks or anything else

3. Khalid

Khalid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Diane Lane
    @pwarbi

There are so many ways to make money online now and more cropping up (creating and selling 3D printing files for example).

I've tried article writing, blogging and just now starting affiliate marketing. If I had to choose one right now I'd go with affiliate marketing but later shift to creating my own products and doing online courses. Higher profits and easier to scale. I was doing some research for a blog post and was shocked by the income potential of some methods. For example @pwarbi you were asking about how much people can make from affiliate marketing. Matthew Woodward pulled in just under $10,000 for the month of May. Now obviously that is not a typical number but in my post I specifically wanted to fill the gap others left, and actually find real world examples so that people can see the proof that it is possible. The next step is then to analyze and learn from those who are where we want to be and take massive action.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NicCris

NicCris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are so many freelance jobs out there that require simple skills or just time that someone else might not have. And the best things about freelancing is that you can work for clients around the world with just an internet connection from home, to your own hours whilst developing valuable skills.

5. llfsa

llfsa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it would have to be online bet trading. Very liquid market with a lot of opportunities, especially in horse racing

6. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would you class gambling as a way to earn money, isn't it more a case of winning it?

While I know that there is an element of skill involved in betting, especially on horse racing, theirs also a lot of luck involved aswell.

While it might be ok to have as a bonus or a second option to fall back on, would you really be able to rely on it for a full time, regular income?

• Like Like x 1
    #26 pwarbi, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  7. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ProlificAcademic is the site I discovered a few days ago. You make money by contributing to science. It has been my dream for quite a while. I find the site to be very reliable, and I have already received my first payout.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's interesting, what did you contribute? I've never heard of the site, and I'm reluctant to sign up for things using my Facebook, since I keep that account private and purposefully small, because it's got family on it.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging is the only way for me to earn by online writing. However, I am not that good in writing so I really cannot attest to that. My main purpose for joining forums is to enhance my writing skills particularly in English. On the side, I am also looking at other ways to earn money from online endeavors although I am not that serious about it. For now, I am looking at online writing as a hobby... to learn.

10. wameyo

wameyo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there was just one single way of earning money then I'd rather be a very influential blogger in my niche of choice. Blogging is great because it's somehow a passive way of earning income and if you're blogging about a topic you're passionate about then it won't look like work at all. My big admirers are Jon Morrow of boost blog traffic and Chris Brogan. Very influential bloggers

11. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online marketing is what I'd choose. While there are thousands of ways one can make money online it has been proven that on average, internet marketers [the successful ones] make more money than anyone else on the net.

I know internet marketing isn't easy but as long as you are willing to learn and continually "sharpen" your marketing skills then if you work hard then you can not only be your own boss but you'd also earn enough money to live comfortably.

12. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would have to pick something that I do online. It would be hard, so I don't know what one I would choose. Right now I can make some money from apps that I have, but I don't make a lot from them. It's hard working online also, but I can make more from it. There are also a lot more jobs that you can get online than from an app.

13. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry for the late reply! You have to participate in various studies. Usually it's just surveys(the results of which are included in various research papers), but sometimes you have to play an interactive game or do some other task.

I signed up with my Facebook account, and I have had not problems with that yet, but there is also the option to sign up with an university e-mail. I have heard that they will be adding other options soon, as well.

14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, I wasn't sure at first whether we'd actually be conducting research, or participating via tasks. It sounds similar to some other sites I have joined, and seems legitimate, so I will check into it. Thanks for sharing a new opportunity with us, legitimate ones seem to be scarce these days.

15. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate marketing would work for me:)

16. elmarianexx

elmarianexx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I only earn money with one method, so there's nothing to pick from.
    I work as a freelance writer, on websites such as Postloop, Forum Wheel, iWriter.
    I also have a blog which makes me the most money, and apart from that I write articles for different individuals and earn by that too. :D

17. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am still thinking about it but certainly it will be something that will make me earn even while sleeping. That passive or autopilot kind of thing. I do not know yet how and what it should be because that would be the biggest challenge that I need to look into in the near future.

18. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I could only choose one site to earn money from, I would pick Postloop. I really loving working for Postloop. Getting paid to do what you love is definitely the best thing ever. But of course, I still want to improve my online money-making career. I actually want to create my own website in the near future and monetize it

19. Briannagodess

Briannagodess
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For now, I write to earn money online. In the near future, I hope to be able to secure a job as a transcriptionist or even as a VA. I am quite determined to land these jobs but for now, I am still practicing and enhancing my skills to be ready for them.

20. Khalid

Khalid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@dyanmarie25 I had never heard of Postloop before you mentioned it. Does it actually work and how much money on average are you seeing from it?