If my training is getting boring, how can I make it more interesting and motivating?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by jamesburton, Aug 17, 2018.

1. jamesburton

jamesburton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

When we held a meeting, Seminar, Training or conference some of the team get bored and due to them all staff gets lazy, which I didn't like. I think that if we want to get our meeting or training interesting or motivated. then we can refresh them with a general interested topic.

Can anybody suggest me some interesting topic which I can share with my team?

Thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Jessica A.

Jessica A.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest "ice breaker activities" in between talks. Though it wouldn't really be an ice breaker since you've already started your seminar. Give them an activity where they can interact with each other, exercise those lazy muscles and energize their brain cells. A 3 to 5 minute break like that will work wonders. It'll freshen up their minds and give them a boost of energy to continue with the training. (Or unannounced test about the topic could also work :) ).

• Like Like x 2
  3. jamesburton

jamesburton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice sure I will go through with this...!!!

4. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Related to what Jessica just said, a good way to make your icebreaker really work for you during meetings is to design them around the topic of your meeting. For example, if you're having a brainstorming activity, you can use puzzles to pique their interest. You can also fishbowl activities to encourage dialogue. Think of an overall theme first. This will help you narrow down on what kind of icebreaker activities would work for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One way you can determine why attendees are getting bored is to record yourself, and then look at it later to see it through their eyes. Is it the subject that is boring, or is it you? Pay attention to your facial expressions, your posture, and your voice inflection. Would you get bored listening to yourself. Find a way to present the information in an interesting way, by both what you say, and how you say it.