I have a great app idea where do I start?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Beatrice McGraw, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Beatrice McGraw

Beatrice McGraw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My friend have an app idea that she would like to pursue, As her age is only 19 years old she do not have much money to invest into it, what are other options? I believe the app is easy to make in the right hands but not so easy that a newbie like my friend can just pick up a course and figure it out…

What you suggest!

2. Shan Victor

Shan Victor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Beatrice, I can suggest you with a couple of ideas. If you're more concerned about your money to invest, then you may choose a freelancer to work on with your app if not rely on a software company. Choosing a software company would be the best option in terms of quality, timely delivery, clean code, code security and many.

Is it a mobile app?

• Like Like x 2
    #2 Shan Victor, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  3. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So I am a software developer. Just an example but for me to be interested I would want of course $$$ or part of the profits to build an app.

Before they go down this path have they validated the idea? Have they drawn it out on paper and talked to people explaining the functionality? If so what kind of feedback are they getting, etc?

One enormous mistake is to go through the expense of building something only to have it not sell because it wasn't validated beforehand.

4. Salem Ali

Salem Ali
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Beatrice,
    You can hire freelance at low cost. Because it's not easy to develop an app. The software developer can make it perfectly with testing. You can contact with IT company

5. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Beatrice! Developing an app is not an easy thing to do, especially if you don't have any knowledge of even doing the basic steps. Also, since a budget is not available to your friend who'd like to develop the app, It would be best to go with a freelancer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The cost of the app is very often far less than the cost of marketing.

It's the part that so many people forget to budget for and why so many ideas flounder.

@Beatrice McGraw, if your friend has no funds then all she has is an idea for an app. And there a zillions of people with ideas. There is no easy solution, even if she wanted to try crowdfunding she would have to show potential investors a something - a prototype or a a basic working model.

• Like Like x 1